Table of Contents
Ana Gasteyer biography
Ana Gasteyer is a versatile American actress, singer, and comedian known for her work on the sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live” and her roles in various television series and films. Here’s a glimpse into her biography:
- Early Life: Ana Kristina Gasteyer was born on May 4, 1967, in Washington, D.C. She grew up in a family with a love for the arts.
- The Groundlings: Before “Saturday Night Live” (SNL), Gasteyer was a member of the renowned improv and sketch comedy troupe, The Groundlings, where she honed her comedic skills.
- SNL Career: Ana Gasteyer joined the cast of “Saturday Night Live” in 1996 and remained a regular cast member until 2002. She became known for her memorable characters and impressions, including the recurring character Margaret Jo McCullen.
- Music Career: Gasteyer is also a talented singer. In addition to her comedic performances, she has showcased her vocal abilities in various projects, including musical theater productions.
- Post-SNL Career: After leaving SNL, Gasteyer continued her career in both comedy and music. She appeared in numerous television shows, including guest roles on series like “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and “The Goldbergs.”
- Film Appearances: Ana Gasteyer has appeared in films such as “Mean Girls” (2004), “The Women” (2008), and “What Women Want” (2000), showcasing her ability to transition between comedic and dramatic roles.
- Theater Performances: Gasteyer has a notable presence in the theater world. She has appeared in Broadway productions such as “Wicked,” where she played the role of Elphaba, and “The Royal Family.”
- Voice Acting: In addition to her on-screen roles, Gasteyer has lent her voice to animated characters in shows like “The Simpsons” and “Vampirina.”
- Comedic Range: Ana Gasteyer is praised for her comedic range, from her sketch comedy work to her stand-up performances.
- Personal Life: She is married to Charlie McKittrick, and they have two children together.
Ana Gasteyer’s career is marked by her comedic talents, musical abilities, and a successful transition between television, film, and theater. Her contributions to the world of entertainment have left a lasting impact.
Trivia of Ana Gasteyer
Certainly! Let’s explore some trivia about Ana Gasteyer:
- Musical Background: Ana Gasteyer has a strong musical background and trained as a classical singer before pursuing comedy. Her musical talents have been showcased in various projects throughout her career.
- Groundlings Connection: Before joining “Saturday Night Live,” Gasteyer was a member of The Groundlings, a renowned improvisational and sketch comedy troupe based in Los Angeles.
- Margaret Jo McCullen: One of Ana Gasteyer’s most memorable characters on “SNL” was Margaret Jo McCullen, a co-host of the fictional talk show “Delicious Dish.” The character became a fan favorite for its unique humor and delivery.
- Impersonations: In addition to original characters, Gasteyer is known for her spot-on impersonations. Her portrayals include celebrities like Celine Dion, Martha Stewart, and Hillary Clinton.
- Broadway Success: Gasteyer has had success on Broadway, notably playing the role of Elphaba in the musical “Wicked.” Her performance received positive reviews for both her acting and singing.
- Children’s Book Author: Ana Gasteyer has ventured into writing children’s books. She authored a children’s holiday book titled “C Is for Christmas.”
- “SNL” Monologue: When Gasteyer returned to host “Saturday Night Live” in 2019, she opened with a musical monologue, showcasing her comedic and musical talents.
- Podcast Host: Gasteyer co-hosts the podcast “The Food Funny,” where she and a fellow comedian discuss food, cooking, and share humorous anecdotes.
- The Grub: Gasteyer released a jazz album titled “I’m Hip” in 2014, featuring a collection of jazz standards and original songs. Her singing talent is prominently displayed in this musical endeavor.
- Family Ties: Ana Gasteyer is married to Charlie McKittrick, a former executive at JPMorgan Chase, and they have two children together.
Ana Gasteyer’s career has been marked by a delightful blend of comedy, music, and versatility, making her a respected and beloved figure in the entertainment industry.