Table of Contents
Beanie Feldstein biography
Beanie Feldstein, whose real name is Elizabeth Greer Feldstein, is an American actress known for her roles in film, television, and theater. Here’s a brief biography of her life and career:
- Beanie Feldstein was born on June 24, 1993, in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- She comes from a creative family; her father, Richard Feldstein, is a tour accountant for rock bands, and her brother, Jonah Hill, is a well-known actor and filmmaker.
- She attended Wesleyan University and graduated with a degree in sociology.
- Beanie Feldstein’s early career was primarily focused on theater. She performed in various stage productions in school and community theaters.
- Her breakout theater role came in the Broadway production of “Hello, Dolly!” (2017-2018), where she played the role of Minnie Fay alongside Bette Midler and David Hyde Pierce.
Film and Television Career:
- Feldstein gained widespread recognition for her role as Molly Davidson in the coming-of-age comedy film “Booksmart” (2019), directed by Olivia Wilde.
- She also appeared in the comedy film “Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising” (2016) and the drama film “Lady Bird” (2017).
- On television, she played Anna in the FX series “What We Do in the Shadows” (2020).
Academic and Social Activism:
- Feldstein has been vocal about issues such as body positivity and self-acceptance.
- She has been an advocate for gender equality and LGBTQ+ rights.
- Beanie Feldstein has several upcoming projects, including the film “The Humans” and the TV series “Impeachment: American Crime Story,” in which she plays the role of Monica Lewinsky.
Beanie Feldstein’s talent and engaging performances have earned her a strong presence in the entertainment industry, and her commitment to important social causes has made her an influential figure both on and off the screen.
Trivia of Beanie Feldstein
Certainly! Here are some trivia and lesser-known facts about Beanie Feldstein:
- Nickname Origin: Beanie Feldstein’s nickname “Beanie” was given to her as a child by her British nanny, who called her “Bambino.” Over time, it evolved into “Beanie.”
- Siblings in the Industry: Beanie’s older brother is actor and filmmaker Jonah Hill, known for his roles in films like “Superbad” and “The Wolf of Wall Street.”
- Broadway Debut: Her role as Minnie Fay in the Broadway production of “Hello, Dolly!” marked her debut on the Broadway stage, and she received critical acclaim for her performance.
- Educational Background: Before pursuing her acting career, Beanie Feldstein attended Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, where she studied sociology.
- Barbra Streisand Inspiration: She has cited Barbra Streisand as a major influence on her career and acting style, and she even had the opportunity to meet Streisand, who praised her work in “Hello, Dolly!”
- “Booksmart” Audition: Beanie Feldstein auditioned for her role in “Booksmart” by performing a scene from Greta Gerwig’s film “Frances Ha,” in which she imitated a memorable dance sequence.
- Stage School Experience: During her school years, Beanie attended the same school, Crossroads School for Arts & Sciences in Santa Monica, as other notable actors, including Zooey Deschanel and Jack Black.
- Close Friendship: She developed a close friendship with her “Booksmart” co-star Kaitlyn Dever both on and off the set, and the two often speak highly of each other in interviews.
- Musical Talents: Beanie Feldstein has a background in musical theater and has demonstrated her singing abilities both on Broadway and in the film “Booksmart.”
- Social Activism: She is an advocate for body positivity and self-acceptance, emphasizing the importance of portraying diverse body types in media.
- LGBTQ+ Representation: Beanie is a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights and has taken part in initiatives to promote acceptance and inclusivity.
- Upcoming Projects: In addition to her role in “Impeachment: American Crime Story,” Beanie Feldstein is set to star in “Funny Girl,” a biographical film about the life of legendary actress and singer Fanny Brice.
Beanie Feldstein’s talent, down-to-earth personality, and commitment to important social causes have made her a respected figure in the entertainment industry, and her future projects continue to generate excitement among fans and critics alike.