Table of Contents
Bo Derek biography
Bo Derek is an American actress and model who gained widespread fame in the late 1970s and early 1980s. She is best known for her role in the 1979 film “10,” in which she portrayed the character “Jenny Hanley.” In “10,” Bo Derek’s iconic appearance in a revealing swimsuit, running on the beach, became one of the most memorable scenes in cinematic history.
Born on November 20, 1956, as Mary Cathleen Collins in Long Beach, California, she later adopted the stage name Bo Derek. Aside from “10,” she appeared in various films throughout her career, including “Tarzan, the Ape Man” (1981), “Bolero” (1984), and “Ghosts Can’t Do It” (1989).
Bo Derek’s image as a sex symbol and her contributions to popular culture during the 1980s have left a lasting impact. She’s also known for her advocacy work related to animal welfare and horse racing. While her acting career has had its ups and downs, she remains an iconic figure in American film history.
Movies and webseries of Bo Derek
Bo Derek’s filmography includes a range of movies and television appearances. Here are some of her notable movies and a mention of a web series she has been involved in:
- 10 (1979) – Bo Derek’s breakout role as Jenny Hanley, which propelled her to stardom.
- Bolero (1984) – A romantic drama film in which she played the lead role of Ayre “Mac” McGillvary.
- Tarzan, the Ape Man (1981) – Bo Derek starred as Jane Parker in this adventure film.
- Ghosts Can’t Do It (1989) – In this fantasy comedy, she played the role of Katie O’Dare Scott.
- Woman of Desire (1994) – Bo Derek starred as Christina Ford in this thriller.
- Tommy Boy (1995) – While not a starring role, Bo Derek had a notable appearance as Beverly Barish, the stepmother of the main character played by Chris Farley.
- Malibu’s Most Wanted (2003) – A comedy in which she played Bess Gluckman.
- Queen America (2018) – Bo Derek appeared in this dark comedy web series as Regina, a prominent character.
Bo Derek has also made guest appearances on various television shows, including series like “Two Guys and a Girl,” “Fashion House,” and “Still Standing.”
While Bo Derek’s filmography may not be as extensive as some other actors, her iconic roles have left a lasting impact on popular culture.