Table of Contents
Chip Fields biography
Chip Fields, whose full name is Patricia Chip Fields, is an American actress and singer known for her work in film and television. Here’s a brief overview of her career:
- Patricia Chip Fields was born on August 5, 1951, in New York City, New York, USA.
- Chip Fields gained recognition for her roles in several popular television series during the 1970s and 1980s.
- One of her notable early roles was as “Lila” in the TV series “The Amazing Spider-Man” (1977-1979).
- She is perhaps best known for her recurring role as Penny’s abusive mother “Lynetta Gordon” in the hit sitcom “Good Times” (1974-1979).
- In addition to her acting career, Chip Fields is a singer and has contributed her vocals to various musical projects.
Other Television Work:
- She made guest appearances on a range of television shows, including “The Streets of San Francisco,” “What’s Happening!!,” and “The Incredible Hulk.”
- Chip Fields continued to work in the entertainment industry throughout the 1980s and 1990s, although she became less active in mainstream television.
Mother of Kim Fields:
- Chip Fields is the mother of actress Kim Fields, who is well-known for her role as Tootie Ramsey on the sitcom “The Facts of Life” and for her work in various television projects.
While Chip Fields may be best known for her role in “Good Times,” she has had a varied career in entertainment, including acting and music. Her contributions to television have left an impact on the world of entertainment.
Trivia of Chip Fields
Certainly! Here are some trivia and lesser-known facts about Chip Fields:
- Mother-Daughter Duo: Chip Fields is the mother of actress Kim Fields, who gained fame for her role as Tootie Ramsey on the popular sitcom “The Facts of Life.”
- Dynamic Duo on “Good Times”: In the hit sitcom “Good Times,” Chip Fields portrayed Lynetta Gordon, the abusive mother of the character Penny Gordon, who was played by her real-life daughter, Kim Fields.
- Music Background: Chip Fields is not only an actress but also a singer, and she has lent her vocal talents to various musical projects.
- Career in Television: While her role as Lynetta Gordon in “Good Times” is one of her most memorable television roles, Chip Fields made guest appearances in several other TV series during the 1970s and 1980s.
- Collaboration with Daughter: Chip Fields and her daughter Kim Fields have occasionally collaborated on entertainment projects, showcasing their family’s talent in the entertainment industry.
- Diverse Roles: Throughout her career, Chip Fields took on a variety of roles, from dramatic characters to comedic roles, showcasing her versatility as an actress.
- Continued Influence: Her work in “Good Times” and other television shows continues to be celebrated and remembered by fans of classic television.
- Impact on “Good Times”: Her portrayal of Lynetta Gordon in “Good Times” contributed to the show’s exploration of important social issues and family dynamics, making the series more than just a comedy.
- Family Connection: Chip Fields’s involvement in the entertainment industry was not only personal but also a family affair, as she and her daughter Kim Fields both pursued careers in acting.
Chip Fields’s contributions to television, particularly her role in “Good Times,” have left a lasting impact on the world of entertainment and continue to be recognized by fans of classic TV shows.