Table of Contents
Elizabeth Gillies biography
Elizabeth Gillies is an American actress and singer known for her roles in both television and theater. Born on July 26, 1993, in Haworth, New Jersey, USA, here’s a brief overview of her biography:
- Early Life: Elizabeth Egan Gillies grew up in Haworth, New Jersey, and showed an early interest in performing arts.
- Early Career in Broadway: Gillies began her career in entertainment with a focus on Broadway. She made her Broadway debut at the age of 15 in the musical “13,” where she played the character Lucy.
- Nickelodeon’s “Victorious” (2010–2013): Elizabeth Gillies gained widespread recognition for her role as Jade West on the Nickelodeon television series “Victorious.” Her portrayal of the dark and sarcastic character earned her praise.
- Music Career: In addition to acting, Gillies has pursued a career in music. She contributed to the soundtrack of “Victorious” and has released her own music, showcasing her singing talent.
- Television Appearances: Apart from “Victorious,” Gillies has appeared in various television shows, including guest roles in series like “White Collar” and “The Exes.”
- Film Roles: Gillies has ventured into film with roles in movies such as “Animal” (2014) and “Vacation” (2015).
- “The Clique” (2008): Before her Nickelodeon fame, Gillies had a role in the TV movie “The Clique.”
- Broadway Revival of “13” (2008): Prior to her television success, Gillies was part of the original Broadway cast of “13,” a musical about the challenges of being a teenager.
- “Dynasty” (2017–2020): Gillies starred as Fallon Carrington in the CW television series “Dynasty,” a reboot of the 1980s soap opera.
- Awards and Nominations: She has received nominations and awards for her performances, including a nomination for a Kids’ Choice Award for her role in “Victorious.”
- Social Media Presence: Elizabeth Gillies is active on social media platforms, where she engages with fans and shares insights into her personal and professional life.
- Personal Life: Gillies has been private about her personal life, but she married composer and music producer Michael Corcoran in 2020.
Elizabeth Gillies’ career has showcased her versatility as both an actress and a singer. From her early days on Broadway to her success on Nickelodeon and her later work in television and film, she continues to be a prominent figure in the entertainment industry.
Trivia of Elizabeth Gillies
Let’s delve into some trivia about Elizabeth Gillies:
- Broadway Debut: Elizabeth made her Broadway debut at the age of 15 in the musical “13,” where she played the character Lucy. This early exposure to Broadway set the stage for her multifaceted career.
- “Victorious” Casting: Gillies originally auditioned for the role of Tori Vega on Nickelodeon’s “Victorious” but ended up landing the role of Jade West. Her portrayal of the edgy and sarcastic character became a fan favorite.
- Singing Talent: Apart from her acting career, Gillies is known for her singing talent. She contributed vocals to several songs on the “Victorious” soundtrack and has released her own music.
- Dynamic with Ariana Grande: On “Victorious,” Gillies had a dynamic and often humorous on-screen relationship with co-star Ariana Grande, who played Cat Valentine. The two actresses maintained a close friendship off-screen as well.
- “Dynasty” Role: Gillies took on the role of Fallon Carrington in the CW reboot of the classic soap opera “Dynasty.” Her portrayal of the ambitious and strong-willed character contributed to the show’s success.
- Teen Choice Award Nomination: For her role as Jade West in “Victorious,” Gillies received a Teen Choice Award nomination in the category of “Choice TV Actress: Comedy.”
- Charitable Work: Elizabeth Gillies has been involved in charitable activities and has supported causes such as animal welfare.
- Social Media Presence: Gillies is active on social media platforms, particularly Instagram and Twitter, where she shares glimpses of her personal life, behind-the-scenes moments, and interacts with her fans.
- Film Roles: In addition to her television work, Gillies has appeared in films, including the horror thriller “Animal” and the comedy film “Vacation.”
- Relationship with Michael Corcoran: Elizabeth Gillies married composer and music producer Michael Corcoran in 2020. Their relationship has been a private aspect of her personal life.
- Versatility in Genres: Gillies has showcased her versatility by working in various genres, from teen comedy to soap opera and horror, demonstrating her ability to tackle diverse roles.
- Self-Deprecating Humor: Known for her sense of humor, Gillies often engages in self-deprecating humor in interviews and on social media, endearing her to fans.
Elizabeth Gillies’ career has been marked by her ability to seamlessly transition between acting and singing, taking on roles that showcase her range and talent in the entertainment industry.