Table of Contents
Elle Fanning biography
Elle Fanning, whose full name is Mary Elle Fanning, is an American actress known for her impressive acting career that began at a very young age. Here’s a biography of her life and career:
- Elle Fanning was born on April 9, 1998, in Conyers, Georgia, USA.
- She is the younger sister of actress Dakota Fanning.
Early Acting Career:
- Elle Fanning began her acting career at a very young age, just like her sister Dakota. Her first significant role was in the film “Daddy Day Care” (2003) when she was only 2 years old.
Notable Film Roles:
- She gained widespread recognition for her performance as a young version of Cate Blanchett’s character in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (2008).
- Elle Fanning played the role of Princess Aurora in Disney’s live-action film “Maleficent” (2014) and its sequel “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” (2019), opposite Angelina Jolie.
- She received critical acclaim for her role in the film “20th Century Women” (2016) and was nominated for several awards for her performance.
- Fanning starred in Sofia Coppola’s “Somewhere” (2010) and “The Beguiled” (2017), showcasing her ability to work with acclaimed directors.
Awards and Recognition:
- Elle Fanning has received numerous accolades for her acting, including several awards and nominations from film festivals and industry organizations.
Fashion and Modeling:
- In addition to her acting career, Elle Fanning has made a name for herself in the fashion industry. She has appeared on the covers of several fashion magazines and has been praised for her style.
- Fanning attended Campbell Hall School in North Hollywood, California, and later attended New York University, where she studied film.
- Elle Fanning is known for maintaining a relatively private personal life and focusing on her career.
- She is an animal lover and has been involved in animal welfare and conservation causes.
Elle Fanning has established herself as a talented actress in both independent and mainstream cinema. Her impressive acting skills, combined with her sense of style and dedication to her craft, have made her one of the most respected and versatile young actresses in Hollywood.
Trivia of Elle Fanning
Certainly! Here are some trivia and lesser-known facts about Elle Fanning:
- Youngest Actress at Cannes: In 2011, at the age of 13, Elle Fanning became one of the youngest actresses ever to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Sundance Film Festival: She starred in the film “Ginger & Rosa” (2012), which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and received critical acclaim for her performance.
- Voice Acting: Elle Fanning provided the voice for the character of Joy in the Pixar animated film “Inside Out” (2015), which was a critical and commercial success.
- Learning How to Drive: For her role in the film “20th Century Women” (2016), she had to learn how to drive a 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit.
- Coppola Collaboration: Elle Fanning has a strong working relationship with director Sofia Coppola. She starred in Coppola’s films “Somewhere” (2010) and “The Beguiled” (2017), both of which received critical acclaim.
- Independence Day: Elle Fanning shares her birthday, April 9, with the holiday “National Unicorn Day.”
- Twin Role: In the film “I Am Sam” (2001), Elle played the younger version of her sister Dakota Fanning’s character, marking one of their early on-screen collaborations.
- Modeling: She has worked as a model for various fashion brands and appeared in campaigns for major designers.
- Languages: Elle Fanning is known to be multilingual and can speak English, some French, and some German.
- Fashion Ambassador: She was named the face of L’Oréal Paris in 2021, becoming the brand’s youngest global ambassador.
- Marilyn Monroe Connection: In the film “My Week with Marilyn” (2011), Elle Fanning played the character of a young girl who meets Marilyn Monroe, portrayed by Michelle Williams.
- Sibling Rivalry in Films: Elle and her sister Dakota have occasionally competed for roles in movies. Elle auditioned for the role of young Alice in Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland” (2010), which Dakota ultimately got.
Elle Fanning’s talent, poise, and versatility as an actress have garnered her a wide range of roles and recognition in the entertainment industry. Her career continues to flourish, and she remains a prominent figure in both film and fashion.