Table of Contents
Eva Gabor biography
Eva Gabor was a Hungarian-American actress, socialite, and businesswoman known for her roles in film, television, and theater. Here is a biography of Eva Gabor:
Full Name: Eva Gabor
Date of Birth: February 11, 1919
Date of Passing: July 4, 1995
Place of Birth: Budapest, Hungary
Eva Gabor was born in Budapest, Hungary, into a family of Jewish descent. She was the youngest of three sisters, with Zsa Zsa Gabor and Magda Gabor being her elder siblings. Her family immigrated to the United States in the 1930s to escape the rise of Nazi Germany.
Eva Gabor’s career spanned several decades, and she achieved fame in various fields:
- Acting: She made her Broadway debut in the early 1940s and went on to appear in several theater productions. Her acting career in Hollywood included roles in films like “The Last Time I Saw Paris” (1954) and “Gigi” (1958).
- Television: Eva Gabor is perhaps best known for her role as Lisa Douglas in the popular television series “Green Acres,” which aired from 1965 to 1971. Her portrayal of a wealthy New York socialite adjusting to rural life became an iconic character.
- Voice Acting: She provided the voice for Duchess in Disney’s animated film “The Aristocats” (1970) and Miss Bianca in “The Rescuers” (1977) and its sequel “The Rescuers Down Under” (1990).
- Business Ventures: Gabor and her sisters were known for their entrepreneurial spirit. Eva and Magda Gabor ran a successful clothing boutique in Palm Springs, California.
Eva Gabor married five times during her lifetime:
- Erik Drimmer (1939–1942): Her first marriage ended in divorce.
- Charles Isaacs (1943–1949): This marriage also ended in divorce.
- John Elbert Williams (1956–1957): Another marriage that ended in divorce.
- Richard Brown (1959–1972): Eva Gabor’s fourth marriage also ended in divorce.
- Frank Jameson (1973–1983): Her fifth and final marriage ended with Frank Jameson’s passing in 1983.
Eva Gabor was known for her glamorous lifestyle, charm, and wit. She and her sisters, Zsa Zsa and Magda, were often featured in the media as socialites and celebrities.
Later Years and Passing:
In her later years, Eva Gabor focused on her business ventures and continued to make occasional television appearances. She passed away on July 4, 1995, at the age of 76, in Los Angeles, California, due to respiratory failure.
Eva Gabor left a lasting legacy in Hollywood and is remembered for her contributions to film, television, and the entertainment industry as a whole.
Trivia of Eva Gabor
Eva Gabor, known for her glamorous Hollywood career and her role as Lisa Douglas in the TV series “Green Acres,” had an interesting and eventful life. Here are some trivia and lesser-known facts about her:
- Musical Talent: Eva Gabor had a passion for singing and music. She released several albums during her career, showcasing her vocal talents.
- Multiple Languages: Eva was multilingual and could speak several languages fluently, including Hungarian, German, French, and English. This skill made her a versatile actress and a great asset in her career.
- The Gabor Sisters: Eva Gabor was the youngest of the famous Gabor sisters, which included Zsa Zsa and Magda Gabor. The trio was known for their beauty, charm, and colorful personalities.
- Gourmet Cooking: She was known for her culinary skills and love of gourmet cooking. She even authored a cookbook titled “Eva Gabor’s Kitchen.”
- Broadway Debut: Eva’s Broadway debut was in the 1941 musical “The Happy Time,” and she went on to perform in several other Broadway productions.
- Horse Lover: In “Green Acres,” her character Lisa Douglas had a strong affinity for her pet pig, Arnold. In real life, Eva Gabor was an avid horse enthusiast and kept horses on her own ranch.
- Fashion Sense: Known for her impeccable style, Eva was often featured in fashion magazines, and she had her own line of clothing and accessories.
- Voice Acting: Eva lent her voice to several animated characters, most notably Duchess in Disney’s “The Aristocats.” Her distinctive voice made her a sought-after voice actress.
- Green Acres Reunion: In 1990, Eva Gabor and Eddie Albert, who played her husband on “Green Acres,” reunited for the TV movie “Return to Green Acres.”
- Business Ventures: Besides her acting career, Eva was involved in various business ventures, including a wig company and a successful line of beauty products.
- Charity Work: She was actively involved in charity work, supporting causes related to children and animal welfare.
Eva Gabor’s vibrant personality, talent, and contributions to the entertainment industry continue to be remembered and celebrated by her fans and admirers.