Table of Contents
Illeana Douglas biography
Illeana Douglas is an American actress, writer, and producer known for her versatile performances in film, television, and theater. She has appeared in a wide range of roles and has also been involved in various behind-the-scenes projects. Here are some key points about Illeana Douglas:
- Early Life: She was born on July 25, 1965, in Quincy, Massachusetts, USA. Her family has connections to the entertainment industry, as her father was a successful actor.
- Notable Roles: Illeana Douglas has portrayed diverse characters in both comedy and drama, showcasing her talent and versatility.
- “Grace of My Heart” (1996): In this musical drama film, she played the lead role of Edna Buxton, a talented singer-songwriter.
- Collaboration with Martin Scorsese: Douglas has worked with renowned director Martin Scorsese on multiple occasions. She appeared in “Cape Fear” (1991) and later had a role in Scorsese’s HBO series “Vinyl” (2016).
- “To Die For” (1995): She had a supporting role in this satirical comedy-drama film, which starred Nicole Kidman and was directed by Gus Van Sant.
- “Stir of Echoes” (1999): Douglas appeared in this supernatural horror-thriller film alongside Kevin Bacon.
- “Six Feet Under” (2001-2005): Illeana Douglas had a recurring role in the critically acclaimed television series “Six Feet Under,” playing Angela.
- “Action” (1999): She starred in this short-lived comedy series that provided a satirical look at the entertainment industry.
- “Ghost World” (2001): Douglas had a supporting role in this cult classic film based on the graphic novel of the same name.
- Author and Producer: Illeana Douglas has written essays and a memoir titled “I Blame Dennis Hopper: And Other Stories from a Life Lived In and Out of the Movies.” She is also a producer and has been involved in various projects.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been new developments or additional insights about Illeana Douglas’s life or career since that time.
Trivia of Illeana Douglas
Certainly! Here are some trivia facts about actress Illeana Douglas:
- Family Legacy: Illeana Douglas comes from a family with a strong connection to the entertainment industry. Her grandfather was the famous actor Melvyn Douglas, and her father was a well-known actor named Gregory Douglas.
- Early Start: Her first acting job was on the TV show “Family Ties,” where she played the role of a teenager named Heather O’Rourke, the character who was best friends with Mallory Keaton (played by Justine Bateman). This role was a tribute to Heather O’Rourke, who was the child actress known for her role in the “Poltergeist” series but had tragically passed away at a young age.
- Film Historian: Illeana Douglas is an avid film enthusiast and has a deep appreciation for classic cinema. She has hosted film-related events and has been involved in preserving and celebrating the history of Hollywood.
- “Cape Fear” (1991) Role: She played a small but memorable role as a secretary in Martin Scorsese’s “Cape Fear,” which was a remake of the classic thriller. Her character has a memorable scene with Robert De Niro.
- Cameo in Music Videos: Illeana Douglas made appearances in music videos for notable artists, including a cameo in the music video for the song “We Are All Made of Stars” by Moby.
- “To Die For” (1995) Audition: For her role in “To Die For,” she had to audition multiple times, and at one point, she even auditioned while she was on crutches due to a skiing accident.
- “Easy to Assemble”: She created and starred in the web series “Easy to Assemble,” which featured appearances by various Hollywood stars and humorous takes on the life of a celebrity.
- Love for Classic Films: Douglas has often expressed her admiration for classic films and has shared stories about her interactions with legendary Hollywood figures.
- Artistic Interests: In addition to her acting career, Illeana Douglas is interested in painting, photography, and writing.
- Passion for Independent Films: She has been an advocate for independent films and has appeared in various indie projects throughout her career.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments or additional trivia about Illeana Douglas since my last update in September 2021.
Movies and webseries of Illeana Douglas
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, here are some movies and TV series (including web series) in which Illeana Douglas has appeared. Please note that there may have been new releases or additional appearances since that time:
- “Cape Fear” (1991) – She had a small but memorable role as a secretary in Martin Scorsese’s psychological thriller, a remake of the classic film.
- “To Die For” (1995) – Douglas appeared in this satirical comedy-drama film, starring alongside Nicole Kidman.
- “Grace of My Heart” (1996) – She played the lead role of Edna Buxton, a talented singer-songwriter, in this musical drama film.
- “Stir of Echoes” (1999) – She had a supporting role in this supernatural horror-thriller film, starring Kevin Bacon.
- “Ghost World” (2001) – Douglas had a supporting role in this cult classic film based on the graphic novel of the same name.
- “Dummy” (2002) – She starred in this comedy-drama film, playing the role of Heidi, alongside Adrien Brody.
- “Happy, Texas” (1999) – Douglas had a role in this comedy film about two escaped convicts who pretend to be gay beauty pageant organizers.
- “Otis” (2008) – She appeared in this dark comedy horror film.
- “The Baster” (2010) – Douglas had a supporting role in this romantic comedy film, starring Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman.
- “Easy to Assemble” (2008-2016) – Illeana Douglas created and starred in this popular web series, which featured a humorous take on the life of a celebrity and included appearances by various Hollywood stars.
- “IKEA Heights” (2009) – She had a guest appearance in this unauthorized web series that was filmed inside an IKEA store.
- “Welcome to the Basement” (2012-2019) – She appeared as a guest in this web series where the hosts watch and discuss classic movies.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new movies, web series, or television appearances involving Illeana Douglas released since September 2021.