Table of Contents
Jane Elliot biography
Jane Elliot is an American actress known for her work in film, television, and stage. Here’s an overview of her biography and some of her notable works:
Jane Elliot was born on January 17, 1947, in New York City, USA.
Jane Elliot’s career has been marked by her diverse roles in various media:
- “General Hospital” (1963-2021): Elliot is best known for her role as Tracy Quartermaine on the long-running soap opera “General Hospital.” She has portrayed the character on and off for decades and is considered one of the show’s iconic and enduring characters.
- “Days of Our Lives” (1987-1989): She also played the role of Anjelica Deveraux on the soap opera “Days of Our Lives.”
- “Guiding Light” (1981-1982): Elliot had a brief role as Carrie Todd on the soap opera “Guiding Light.”
- “The Rich Man’s Wife” (1996): She appeared in this psychological thriller film starring Halle Berry.
- “Change of Habit” (1969): Elliot had a supporting role in this musical drama film starring Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore.
- “Baby Boom” (1987): She played the role of Eve in this comedy film starring Diane Keaton.
- “Designing Women” (1992-1993): Elliot had a recurring role as Allie Willis in the sitcom “Designing Women.”
Awards and Recognitions:
Jane Elliot’s work in daytime television, particularly her portrayal of Tracy Quartermaine on “General Hospital,” has earned her critical acclaim and recognition. She has received multiple Daytime Emmy Award nominations for her performances.
In addition to her work on screen, Jane Elliot has also been involved in theater productions, showcasing her acting talents on stage.
Please note that my information is based on data available up to September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes since that time.
Trivia of Jane Elliot
Certainly! Here are some interesting trivia and lesser-known facts about Jane Elliot:
- Unique Birth Name: Jane Elliot was actually born as Jane Elliot Powell, and she later adopted the stage name “Elliot” to avoid confusion with another actress named Jane Powell.
- Early Stage Work: Before transitioning to television and film, Elliot began her acting career on the stage, performing in various theater productions.
- “General Hospital” Role Origin: Elliot originated the role of Tracy Quartermaine on the soap opera “General Hospital” in 1978. Her portrayal of the character became iconic and has spanned several decades, with intermittent breaks.
- Character Transformation: Tracy Quartermaine, portrayed by Elliot, is known for her complex and sometimes scheming personality. Despite this, Elliot has garnered a loyal fan following due to her portrayal’s depth and authenticity.
- Daytime Emmy Awards: Elliot has been nominated for several Daytime Emmy Awards for her work on “General Hospital,” and she won the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 1981.
- Educational Background: Before pursuing acting, Elliot studied drama at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City.
- Off-Screen Influence: In addition to her acting career, Elliot has also been involved in teaching acting and drama to students.
- Respect for the Genre: Elliot has often expressed her respect for the soap opera genre and its significance in the entertainment industry.
- Soap Opera Legacy: Her daughter, Claire Coffee, followed in her mother’s footsteps by becoming an actress known for her roles in various television series.
- Social Activism: Elliot has been involved in various social and political causes throughout her life, using her platform to advocate for issues important to her.
- Intermittent Roles: While her portrayal of Tracy Quartermaine on “General Hospital” is her most well-known role, Elliot has taken breaks from the show to explore other opportunities and return to her stage roots.
- Veteran Actress: With a career spanning several decades, Jane Elliot is considered a veteran actress with a significant impact on the soap opera genre.
Remember that my information is based on data available up to September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes since that time.
Movies and webseries of Jane Elliot
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Jane Elliot’s career primarily focused on television soap operas and some film appearances. While she might have been involved in web series or digital content after that time, here are some notable movies and TV series she has been part of:
- “Change of Habit” (1969) – Elliot appeared in this musical drama film starring Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore.
- “Baby Boom” (1987) – She played the role of Eve in this comedy film starring Diane Keaton.
TV Series (Soap Operas):
- “General Hospital” (1963-2021) – Jane Elliot’s most iconic role has been as Tracy Quartermaine on the long-running soap opera “General Hospital.” She portrayed the character on and off for several decades.
- “Days of Our Lives” (1987-1989) – Elliot played the role of Anjelica Deveraux on the soap opera “Days of Our Lives.”
- “Guiding Light” (1981-1982) – She had a brief role as Carrie Todd on the soap opera “Guiding Light.”
- “The City” (1996-1997) – She played the role of Cynthia Haines in this soap opera, which was a spin-off of “Loving.”
- “All My Children” (2004) – Elliot briefly appeared as Tracy Anton in this soap opera.
- “The Bold and the Beautiful” (2010-2011) – She played the recurring role of Judge Judy Stewart in this soap opera.
As of my last update, Jane Elliot’s involvement in web series wasn’t widely reported. It’s possible that there might have been developments in her career since then that I’m not aware of.
Please note that my information is based on the status as of September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes since that time.