Table of Contents
Jenna Dewan biography
Jenna Dewan is an American actress, dancer, and former model. She was born on December 3, 1980, in Hartford, Connecticut, USA. Dewan is known for her work in various entertainment fields, including acting, dancing, and television hosting. Here are some key points about Jenna Dewan:
- Dance Background: Jenna Dewan started her career as a dancer and was a backup dancer for popular artists like Janet Jackson and Ricky Martin. Her dance skills contributed to her early recognition in the entertainment industry.
- Step Up: Dewan gained widespread attention for her role as Nora Clark in the 2006 dance film “Step Up,” in which she co-starred with Channing Tatum. The film’s success further solidified her position in Hollywood.
- Acting Career: In addition to “Step Up,” Jenna Dewan has appeared in various television shows and movies. Some of her notable acting roles include appearances in TV series such as “Supergirl,” “The Resident,” and “Witches of East End.”
- Marriage to Channing Tatum: Dewan was married to actor Channing Tatum from 2009 to 2018. The couple met on the set of “Step Up” and became a popular Hollywood duo during their marriage.
- Motherhood: Jenna Dewan is a mother. She has a daughter named Everly, born in 2013, with her ex-husband Channing Tatum, and she welcomed another child, a son named Callum, in 2020 with her fiancé, actor and singer Steve Kazee.
- Advocacy and Authorship: Dewan has been involved in various philanthropic efforts, and she’s known for her support of causes related to animals and environmental issues. Additionally, she has authored a book titled “Gracefully You: How to Live Your Best Life Every Day,” which was released in 2019.
- Television Hosting: Jenna Dewan has also served as a television host and judge on reality competition shows. She was a host on “World of Dance,” a dance competition series.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been developments in Jenna Dewan’s career or personal life since that time.
Trivia of Jenna Dewan
Certainly! Here are some trivia facts about Jenna Dewan:
- Dance Education: Before entering the entertainment industry, Jenna Dewan attended the University of Southern California (USC), where she was a member of the Pi Beta Phi sorority. She also studied various dance forms, including ballet and jazz, which laid the foundation for her successful dance career.
- Dance Background: Dewan’s passion for dance started at a young age. She began taking dance lessons at the age of five and even attended a dance-focused high school, the University of the Arts in Philadelphia.
- Janet Jackson’s Tour: One of Dewan’s early breakthroughs as a dancer was when she toured with Janet Jackson during her “All for You” tour in 2001. This experience helped her gain recognition in the entertainment industry.
- Relationship with Channing Tatum: Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum met while working on the film “Step Up” in 2006, and they began dating shortly afterward. Their chemistry on and off-screen led to a high-profile Hollywood romance, and they got married in 2009.
- Middle Name: Jenna Dewan’s full birth name is Jenna Lee Dewan. Her middle name is an homage to her grandmother.
- Evolving Last Name: After her marriage to Channing Tatum, Jenna’s full name became Jenna Dewan Tatum. However, she returned to using her maiden name after their separation in 2018.
- Fashion Line: Dewan has a fashion line called “Jenna Dewan x Danskin,” which focuses on activewear and dancewear. This line was a collaboration with the well-known dancewear company Danskin.
- Vegan Lifestyle: Jenna Dewan is known for her commitment to a vegan lifestyle. She has spoken publicly about the benefits of veganism and has shared her plant-based journey on social media.
- Professional Dancer: Before her acting career took off, Jenna Dewan appeared as a backup dancer in various music videos for artists such as Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, ‘N Sync, and Celine Dion.
- Early Acting Roles: One of Dewan’s early acting roles was on the popular TV series “The Young and the Restless,” where she played the character of Donna in 2004.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments in Jenna Dewan’s life and career since September 2021.
Movies and Webseries of Jenna Dewan
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Jenna Dewan has appeared in various movies and television shows. Please note that there may have been additional projects released or announced since that time. Here are some notable movies and TV series featuring Jenna Dewan:
- “Step Up” (2006) – Jenna Dewan starred as Nora Clark in this popular dance film, where she met her future husband Channing Tatum.
- “Tamara” (2005) – Dewan played the lead role of Tamara Riley, a horror film centered around a high school student with supernatural abilities.
- “Take the Lead” (2006) – She had a supporting role in this dance drama film, starring alongside Antonio Banderas.
- “The Grudge 2” (2006) – Dewan appeared in a supporting role in this horror sequel.
- “American Virgin” (2009) – She played the character of Priscilla in this comedy film.
- “10 Years” (2011) – Dewan had a role in this ensemble cast film, which explored a high school reunion.
- “The Young and the Restless” (2004) – Jenna Dewan had a recurring role as Donna in this long-running soap opera.
- “Witches of East End” (2013-2014) – She played Freya Beauchamp in this supernatural drama series based on the book of the same name.
- “Supergirl” (2015) – Dewan guest-starred in the first season of this superhero TV series.
- “The Resident” (2018-2019) – She played the recurring role of Julian Lynn in this medical drama.
- “Soundtrack” (2019) – Dewan had a lead role as Joanna Kassem in this musical drama series on Netflix.
Please verify this information with more recent sources to ensure accuracy, as there may have been new projects or updates in Jenna Dewan’s career since September 2021.