Table of Contents
Judy Greer biography
Judy Greer, born on July 20, 1975, in Detroit, Michigan, is an American actress, director, and author. Here are some key points from her biography:
- Early Life and Education: Judy Greer was raised in Redford Township, Michigan. She attended The Theatre School at DePaul University in Chicago, where she studied drama.
- Film Debut: Greer made her film debut with a small role in the romantic comedy “Kissing a Fool” (1998). This marked the beginning of her career in the film industry.
- Breakthrough Role in “Jawbreaker”: Judy Greer gained recognition for her role as Fern Mayo/Vylette in the dark comedy film “Jawbreaker” (1999), which helped establish her as a versatile actress.
- Memorable Supporting Roles: Greer became known for her scene-stealing supporting roles in various films, including “What Women Want” (2000), “The Wedding Planner” (2001), and “13 Going on 30” (2004).
- Television Career: In addition to her film career, Greer has had a successful run in television. She appeared in popular series such as “Arrested Development,” where she played the role of Kitty Sanchez.
- Voice Acting: Judy Greer has lent her voice to animated films and TV shows. Notably, she voiced the character Cheryl Tunt in the animated series “Archer.”
- Collaborations with Director Alexander Payne: Greer worked with director Alexander Payne in the films “The Descendants” (2011) and “Downsizing” (2017), earning praise for her performances.
- Directorial Debut: Greer made her directorial debut with the film “A Happening of Monumental Proportions” (2017). In addition to directing, she also had a role in the film.
- Author: Judy Greer is an author and has written a memoir titled “I Don’t Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star,” where she shares anecdotes from her experiences in the entertainment industry.
- “Kidding” Series: Greer appeared in the TV series “Kidding” (2018–2020), where she worked alongside Jim Carrey. The show received critical acclaim for its unique blend of comedy and drama.
- “Ant-Man” Franchise: Greer is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, playing the role of Maggie Lang, the ex-wife of Scott Lang (played by Paul Rudd), in the “Ant-Man” films.
- Environmental Activism: Judy Greer is an advocate for environmental causes. She has been involved in initiatives focused on sustainability and has spoken about the importance of eco-friendly living.
- Personal Life: Greer is known for maintaining a private personal life. She has been married to Dean E. Johnsen, a producer and director.
Judy Greer’s career is marked by her versatility as an actress, spanning comedy, drama, and animation. Her contributions to both film and television have solidified her presence in the entertainment industry.
Trivia of Judy Greer
Certainly! Let’s delve into some trivia about Judy Greer:
- Middle Name: Judy Greer’s full name is Judith Therese Evans Greer. The name “Therese” adds a touch of elegance to her already charming name.
- Early Career in Improv: Before making a mark in Hollywood, Greer honed her comedic skills at The Groundlings, an improvisational and sketch comedy troupe in Los Angeles. This experience laid the foundation for her later success in comedic roles.
- Breakthrough Role in “Jawbreaker”: Greer’s breakout role was in the dark comedy “Jawbreaker” (1999), where she played the character Fern Mayo/Vylette. The film helped showcase her comedic talent and versatility.
- Prolific Voice Actress: In addition to her on-screen performances, Greer has lent her voice to numerous animated characters. Her voice acting credits include roles in “Archer,” “BoJack Horseman,” and “Toy Story 3,” where she voiced the character Karen Beverly.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe Connection: Judy Greer is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and played the character Maggie Lang, the ex-wife of Scott Lang (Ant-Man), portrayed by Paul Rudd, in both “Ant-Man” (2015) and “Ant-Man and The Wasp” (2018).
- Directorial Debut: Greer made her directorial debut with the film “A Happening of Monumental Proportions” (2017). Her venture into directing showcased her versatility in the entertainment industry.
- Author and Memoir: Judy Greer penned a memoir titled “I Don’t Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star.” In the book, she shares humorous and insightful anecdotes from her experiences as a supporting actress.
- “Arrested Development” Connection: Greer played the recurring role of Kitty Sanchez in the critically acclaimed TV series “Arrested Development.” Her character, known for her distinctive laugh, became a memorable part of the show.
- Environmental Activism: Greer is an advocate for environmental causes and sustainable living. She has expressed her commitment to eco-friendly practices and has supported various initiatives promoting environmental awareness.
- Love for Animals: Judy Greer is a devoted animal lover. Her social media posts often feature her adorable pets, and she has been involved in campaigns advocating for animal welfare.
- Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: In 2021, Judy Greer was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition of her contributions to the entertainment industry.
- Private and Low-Key: Despite her success in Hollywood, Greer has maintained a relatively private personal life, keeping details about her personal affairs away from the public eye.
Judy Greer’s trivia highlights not only her diverse talents in acting, voice work, and directing but also her commitment to environmental causes and her love for animals.