Table of Contents
Linda Gray biography
Linda Gray, born on September 12, 1940, in Santa Monica, California, is an American actress, director, producer, and former model. Best known for her role as Sue Ellen Ewing in the television series “Dallas,” here are some key points from her biography:
- Early Career: Linda Gray initially started her career as a model. Her striking looks and poise led her to work as a model before transitioning to acting.
- Breakthrough Role: Linda Gray’s breakthrough role came in the late 1970s when she was cast as Sue Ellen Ewing in the iconic television series “Dallas” (1978–1989). Her portrayal of the complex and often troubled character earned her critical acclaim and widespread recognition.
- Awards and Nominations: For her role in “Dallas,” Linda Gray received two Golden Globe Award nominations. Her performance as Sue Ellen Ewing became one of the defining aspects of the series.
- Film Career: In addition to her television work, Gray has appeared in various films. Notable film credits include “The Graduate” (1967), where she had a small role as a passenger on a bus.
- Stage Acting: Linda Gray has also showcased her talents on the stage. She has appeared in various theatrical productions, displaying her versatility as an actress.
- Television Appearances: Beyond “Dallas,” Gray has made guest appearances on numerous television shows, including “Melrose Place,” “Lovejoy,” and “Desperate Housewives.”
- Directorial Debut: Linda Gray stepped into the role of a director with the television movie “Accidental Meeting” (1994). This marked her directorial debut, showcasing her skills behind the camera.
- Return to “Dallas”: In 2012, Linda Gray reprised her role as Sue Ellen Ewing in the continuation of “Dallas.” The series picked up years later and brought back several original cast members.
- Autobiography: Linda Gray published her autobiography, titled “The Road to Happiness Is Always Under Construction,” in which she shares insights into her life, career, and experiences in the entertainment industry.
- Advocacy Work: Linda Gray has been involved in various charitable causes and has been an advocate for health and wellness. She has supported organizations focused on cancer research and prevention.
- Personal Life: Linda Gray has been married twice. Her second marriage was to art director and photographer Ed Thrasher. They were married until Thrasher’s death in 2006.
Linda Gray’s career is marked by her iconic role in “Dallas,” her contributions to film and television, and her ventures into directing. Her enduring presence in the entertainment industry has made her a beloved figure among audiences worldwide.
Trivia of Linda Gray
Certainly! Let’s explore some trivia about Linda Gray:
- Modeling Career: Before pursuing acting, Linda Gray worked as a model and gained attention for her striking looks. This early career in modeling laid the foundation for her eventual entry into the entertainment industry.
- “The Graduate” Connection: Linda Gray had a brief but memorable appearance in the classic film “The Graduate” (1967). She played a small role as a woman on a bus, sharing a scene with Dustin Hoffman’s character.
- Singing Talents: Linda Gray showcased her singing talents in an episode of “Dallas” titled “Barbecue” (Season 4, Episode 2). In the episode, she sang the song “Lady of the Evening.”
- Golden Globe Nominations: For her portrayal of Sue Ellen Ewing in “Dallas,” Linda Gray received two Golden Globe Award nominations in the Best Actress in a Television Series – Drama category.
- Return to “Dallas”: Linda Gray made a triumphant return to her iconic role as Sue Ellen Ewing in the revival of “Dallas” in 2012. The revival continued the Ewing family saga and brought back several original cast members.
- Directorial Debut: Linda Gray ventured into directing with the television movie “Accidental Meeting” (1994). This marked her directorial debut, showcasing her versatility in the entertainment industry.
- Autobiography: Linda Gray authored her autobiography titled “The Road to Happiness Is Always Under Construction,” where she shared personal anecdotes, insights into her career, and reflections on life.
- Passion for Health and Wellness: Linda Gray is known for her advocacy for health and wellness. She has supported organizations focused on cancer research and prevention.
- Artistic Family: Linda Gray’s son, Jeff Thrasher, is involved in the film industry as a sound engineer. The artistic talents seem to run in the family.
- Stage Performances: In addition to her work in television and film, Linda Gray has showcased her acting talents on the stage, participating in various theatrical productions.
- Fashion Icon: Linda Gray’s sense of style, both on and off-screen, has made her a fashion icon. Her portrayal of Sue Ellen Ewing in glamorous outfits contributed to her status as a style influencer.
- Animal Rights Advocate: Linda Gray is an advocate for animal rights. She has been involved in supporting causes related to the well-being and protection of animals.
Linda Gray’s trivia showcases her diverse talents, from modeling and acting to directing, and highlights her impact both on and off the screen. Her enduring legacy in the entertainment industry is celebrated by fans around the world.