Table of Contents
Lois Hamilton biography
Lois Hamilton was an American model, actress, and author. Here’s a brief overview of her biography:
- Early Life: Lois Hamilton was born on October 14, 1943, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Modeling Career: Hamilton started her career as a model and gained attention for her beauty and elegance. She appeared in numerous fashion magazines and campaigns.
- Acting Debut: Lois Hamilton transitioned to acting and made her debut in the film “Capone” (1975), where she played the role of Iris Crawford.
- Film and Television Roles: Hamilton appeared in various films and television shows during the 1970s and 1980s. Her film credits include “The Man with Bogart’s Face” (1980) and “Capitol” (1982–1987), a soap opera where she played the role of Kelly Harper.
- “Lethal Weapon” Audition: Hamilton auditioned for the role of Rika van den Haas in the film “Lethal Weapon” (1987), but the role eventually went to actress Patsy Kensit.
- Author: Lois Hamilton was also known as an author. She wrote a memoir titled “Dancing on a Stump,” where she shared her experiences dealing with cancer.
- Activism: Hamilton was actively involved in various causes, including animal rights and environmental issues.
- Tragic Passing: Lois Hamilton passed away on December 23, 1999, in Los Angeles, California, USA. Her death was ruled as suicide, and it was a tragic end to her life.
- Legacy: While Lois Hamilton’s career in the entertainment industry was relatively brief, her work as a model and actress, as well as her contributions to activism, remain a part of her legacy.
It’s important to note that Lois Hamilton’s life and career were cut short, and her passing was a tragic event. Her work in modeling, acting, and advocacy left an impact on those who knew her.
Trivia of Lois Hamilton
Certainly. Here are some trivia tidbits about Lois Hamilton:
- Modeling Career: Before entering the world of acting, Lois Hamilton gained recognition as a model. Her elegance and beauty led to appearances in various fashion magazines and campaigns.
- Acting Debut – “Capone”: Lois Hamilton made her acting debut in the film “Capone” (1975), where she played the role of Iris Crawford. This marked the beginning of her journey in the film industry.
- Soap Opera Role: Hamilton had a role in the soap opera “Capitol” (1982–1987), where she portrayed the character Kelly Harper. Soap operas are known for their devoted fanbase, and her role in “Capitol” contributed to her visibility.
- Audition for “Lethal Weapon”: Lois Hamilton auditioned for the role of Rika van den Haas in the iconic film “Lethal Weapon” (1987). While she did not secure the role, her audition reflects her involvement in notable projects.
- Authorship – “Dancing on a Stump”: Hamilton wrote a memoir titled “Dancing on a Stump,” where she shared her personal experiences, including her battle with cancer. The memoir provides insights into her life and challenges.
- Activism: Lois Hamilton was actively involved in various causes, including animal rights and environmental issues. Her commitment to advocacy demonstrated her dedication to making a positive impact beyond the entertainment industry.
- Tragic Passing: The circumstances of Lois Hamilton’s passing on December 23, 1999, were ruled as suicide. Her untimely death marked a tragic end to her life and career.
- Legacy: While her career in the entertainment industry was relatively short-lived, Lois Hamilton’s work as a model, actress, and author, as well as her activism, contribute to her legacy. Her life is remembered for both her contributions to the arts and her advocacy efforts.
Lois Hamilton’s story is a reminder of the complexities individuals may face, and her contributions to modeling, acting, and activism remain part of her lasting legacy.