Table of Contents
Maria Dizzia biography
Maria Dizzia is an American actress known for her work in film, television, and theater. She has garnered recognition for her performances in a variety of roles, showcasing her talent and versatility as an actress. Here are some key points about Maria Dizzia:
- Theater Background: Dizzia has a strong background in theater and has been involved in numerous stage productions, earning acclaim for her performances on the stage.
- “In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play)”: One of her notable theater roles was in Sarah Ruhl’s play “In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play),” where she originated the character of Mrs. Givings. Her performance in this play received critical praise.
- Film Appearances: Dizzia has appeared in a range of films, often taking on supporting roles that contribute to the overall quality of the projects.
- Television Roles: She has made guest appearances on various television shows and has played recurring or main roles in notable series.
- “Orange Is the New Black”: Dizzia had a recurring role as Polly Harper in the popular Netflix series “Orange Is the New Black,” which added to her visibility among modern audiences.
- Independent Films: Dizzia has been associated with independent films that often explore nuanced and character-driven storytelling.
- Broadway Success: In addition to her Off-Broadway work, Maria Dizzia has also performed on Broadway, showcasing her talents on one of the biggest stages in American theater.
- Diverse Characters: Throughout her career, Dizzia has portrayed a wide range of characters, demonstrating her ability to take on challenging and diverse roles.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been new developments or additional insights about Maria Dizzia’s life or career since that time.
Trivia of Maria Dizzia
Certainly! Here are some trivia facts about actress Maria Dizzia:
- Education: Maria Dizzia graduated from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, where she honed her acting skills and began her journey in the performing arts.
- Theater Roots: Dizzia has deep ties to the theater world and has been involved in Off-Broadway productions, earning recognition for her stage performances.
- Tony Award Nomination: Maria Dizzia received a Tony Award nomination for her role in the Broadway play “In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play)” by Sarah Ruhl. Her portrayal of Mrs. Givings earned her critical acclaim.
- Work with Playwrights: Dizzia has collaborated with prominent playwrights, including Sarah Ruhl and others, contributing to the development and performance of impactful plays.
- “While We’re Young” Connection: She appeared in the film “While We’re Young” (2014) alongside Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts, and Adam Driver, adding her acting skills to the ensemble cast.
- Broadway Revival: Dizzia was part of the cast in the Broadway revival of “The Sound Inside,” where she played a pivotal role, demonstrating her continued commitment to theater.
- “Orange Is the New Black” Character: Her character, Polly Harper, in the hit series “Orange Is the New Black” was the best friend of the show’s main character, Piper Chapman, played by Taylor Schilling.
- Versatile Roles: Maria Dizzia is known for her ability to portray complex and relatable characters, making her a sought-after actress in both theater and screen projects.
- Independent Film Work: She has been involved in independent films that often tackle thought-provoking and character-driven storytelling, showcasing her dedication to meaningful projects.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments or additional trivia about Maria Dizzia since my last update in September 2021.
Movies and webseries of Maria Dizzia
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Maria Dizzia has been involved in various movies and television projects, including guest appearances in web series. Keep in mind that there may have been new projects or appearances since that time, and I recommend checking more recent sources for the most up-to-date information. Here are some movies, TV shows, and a mention of a web series in which Maria Dizzia has been involved:
- “While We’re Young” (2014) – Dizzia appeared in this comedy-drama film directed by Noah Baumbach, which starred Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts, and Adam Driver.
- “Marriage Story” (2019) – She had a small role in this critically acclaimed film directed by Noah Baumbach, which starred Scarlett Johansson and Adam Driver.
- “Rachel Getting Married” (2008) – Dizzia appeared in this drama film directed by Jonathan Demme, starring Anne Hathaway.
- “Going in Style” (2017) – She had a supporting role in this comedy film starring Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, and Alan Arkin.
- “Orange Is the New Black” (2013-2019) – Dizzia had a recurring role as Polly Harper in the popular Netflix series.
- “13 Reasons Why” (2017) – She guest-starred in a few episodes of this Netflix series based on the novel by Jay Asher.
- “The Good Wife” (2009-2011) – Dizzia appeared in multiple episodes of this acclaimed legal drama series.
- “Louie” (2012) – Although not a traditional web series, “Louie” is a comedy-drama series created by and starring Louis C.K., and Maria Dizzia appeared in an episode of this show.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new projects, movies, or web series involving Maria Dizzia released since September 2021.