Table of Contents
Mia Dillon biography
Mia Dillon is an American actress known for her work in film, television, and theater. She was born on July 9, 1955, in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. Dillon has a diverse career that includes performances on stage, in movies, and in TV shows. Here are some key points about Mia Dillon:
- Theater Background: Dillon is renowned for her significant contributions to the world of theater. She has appeared in numerous stage productions, including both classic and contemporary works, showcasing her versatility as an actress.
- Broadway Success: Dillon has had a successful career on Broadway, earning critical acclaim for her performances in notable plays and productions.
- Spousal Collaboration: She is married to actor and playwright Keir Dullea, known for his role in the iconic film “2001: A Space Odyssey.” The couple has occasionally collaborated on stage projects.
- Film Appearances: While she is more prominently associated with her stage work, Mia Dillon has also appeared in a number of films, showcasing her acting talents in various roles.
- Television Roles: Dillon has made guest appearances on television shows, adding her acting skills to the small screen. Her TV work contributes to her diverse body of work.
- Connection to Tennessee Williams: Dillon appeared in a revival of Tennessee Williams’ play “The Mutilated,” which allowed her to bring her talents to the works of a renowned playwright.
- Support of Theater Arts: Mia Dillon’s dedication to theater has made her a respected figure in the industry, and her contributions to live performance have been celebrated by audiences and colleagues.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been new developments or additional insights about Mia Dillon’s career since that time.
Trivia of Mia Dillon
Certainly! Here are some trivia facts about the talented actress Mia Dillon:
- Early Theater Involvement: Mia Dillon’s passion for theater started early in life. She was involved in local theater productions as a teenager, which laid the foundation for her future career.
- “Crimes of the Heart” Connection: One of Dillon’s notable roles on Broadway was in the Pulitzer Prize-winning play “Crimes of the Heart” by Beth Henley. She played the role of Lenny Magrath, which earned her critical acclaim.
- Collaboration with Keir Dullea: Mia Dillon and her husband, actor Keir Dullea, have shared the stage in several theater productions. Their collaborations highlight their shared love for the performing arts.
- “Once a Catholic”: Dillon’s performance in the Off-Broadway production of “Once a Catholic” was highly regarded. The play by Mary O’Malley allowed Dillon to display her comedic talents.
- Support for Education: Mia Dillon is known for her involvement in theater education and has participated in workshops and programs to promote the importance of the arts in education.
- Off-Broadway Work: In addition to her Broadway performances, Dillon has been active in Off-Broadway productions, contributing to the vibrant theater scene beyond the mainstream.
- “The Mutilated”: Dillon’s appearance in the revival of Tennessee Williams’ “The Mutilated” showcased her commitment to preserving and interpreting classic theater works.
- Range of Roles: Throughout her career, Dillon has taken on a wide range of roles, from drama to comedy, on stage and screen, demonstrating her versatility as an actress.
- Private Life: Mia Dillon has maintained a relatively private personal life, and she is primarily known for her dedication to her craft.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments or additional trivia about Mia Dillon since my last update in September 2021.
Movies and webseries of Mia Dillon
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Mia Dillon is primarily known for her work in theater and has appeared in a limited number of films and television shows. I’m not aware of any significant web series featuring her in a prominent role up to that point. Please note that there may have been new developments in her career since that time. Here are some notable movies and television appearances involving Mia Dillon:
- “The Money Pit” (1986) – Dillon had a supporting role in this comedy film starring Tom Hanks and Shelley Long.
- “All Good Things” (2010) – She appeared in a small role in this drama thriller starring Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst.
- “God’s Pocket” (2014) – Dillon had a supporting role in this dark comedy film based on the novel by Pete Dexter, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- “The Clique” (2008) – Dillon provided her voice for a character in this animated film based on the popular book series.
- “Remember WENN” (1996-1997) – Mia Dillon had a recurring role in this television series set at a fictional radio station during the 1940s.
- “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” (2003) – She guest-starred in an episode of this popular crime drama series.
- “American Experience” (1998) – Dillon narrated an episode of this documentary series, which explores various aspects of American history and culture.
Please verify this information with more recent sources to ensure accuracy and to check if there have been any new movies, web series, or television appearances involving Mia Dillon since September 2021.