Table of Contents
Patricia Elliott biography
Patricia Elliott was an American actress known for her work in theater, film, and television. She is perhaps best known for her long-running role on the soap opera “One Life to Live.” Here’s an overview of her biography and some of her notable works:
Patricia Elliott was born on July 21, 1938, in Gunnison, Colorado, USA.
Patricia Elliott’s career spanned various mediums, including theater, film, and television:
- “One Life to Live” (1968-1986, 1995-2011): She portrayed the character Renee Divine on the soap opera “One Life to Live” for many years. Her performance earned her a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 1983.
- Broadway Performances: Patricia Elliott had a successful career on the Broadway stage. She appeared in numerous productions, including “A Little Night Music,” “The Elephant Man,” “A Doll’s House,” and more.
- “The Shadow Box” (1980): Elliott won a Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for her role as Felicity in Michael Cristofer’s play “The Shadow Box.”
- Film Roles: She had roles in films such as “The Night They Raided Minsky’s” (1968) and “The Boys from Brazil” (1978).
- “Knots Landing” (1989-1990): She played the recurring role of Renaldo in the popular television series “Knots Landing.”
- “Law & Order” (2000): Patricia Elliott had a guest appearance on the TV series “Law & Order.”
Awards and Recognitions:
In addition to her Tony Award and Daytime Emmy Award, Patricia Elliott received recognition for her contributions to the arts and entertainment industry.
Patricia Elliott passed away on December 20, 2015, at the age of 77.
Please note that my information is based on data available up to September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes since that time.
Trivia of Patricia Elliott
Certainly! Here are some interesting trivia and lesser-known facts about Patricia Elliott:
- Early Interest in Dance: Before pursuing acting, Patricia Elliott initially considered a career in dance and studied at the prestigious School of American Ballet.
- Broadway Debut: She made her Broadway debut in the musical “The Sound of Music” in 1959, where she understudied the role of Liesl.
- Tony Award Win: Patricia Elliott won the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for her role as Felicity in “The Shadow Box” (1977).
- Soap Opera Legacy: She portrayed the character Renee Divine Buchanan on the soap opera “One Life to Live” for many years, becoming one of the show’s beloved and enduring characters.
- Daytime Emmy Award: Elliott received a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role on “One Life to Live” in 1983.
- Education: She attended the prestigious Professional Children’s School in New York City.
- Musical Talents: In addition to her acting abilities, Patricia Elliott had a beautiful singing voice and was known for her musical performances on stage.
- Theatrical Range: Elliott showcased her versatility by performing in a wide range of plays and musicals, from classic dramas to contemporary works.
- Other Television Roles: Apart from her soap opera and theater work, she appeared in guest roles on various TV series, including shows like “Knots Landing” and “Law & Order.”
- Off-Broadway Contributions: In addition to her work on Broadway, she also had a presence in the Off-Broadway scene.
- Character Depth: Patricia Elliott’s portrayal of Renee Divine on “One Life to Live” was known for its complexity, adding depth to the character over her years on the show.
- Cultural Impact: Her contributions to the entertainment industry, particularly her soap opera work and stage performances, left a lasting impact on fans and colleagues.
Remember that my information is based on data available up to September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes since that time.
Movies and webseries of Patricia Elliott
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Patricia Elliott’s career primarily focused on theater, television, and film, rather than web series or digital content. Here are some notable movies and TV series she was part of:
- “The Night They Raided Minsky’s” (1968) – Elliott appeared in this comedy film that revolves around a burlesque theater.
- “The Boys from Brazil” (1978) – She had a role in this thriller film that explores themes of cloning and Nazi war criminals.
TV Series (Soap Opera and Television):
- “One Life to Live” (1968-1986, 1995-2011) – Patricia Elliott’s most well-known role was as Renee Divine Buchanan on the long-running soap opera “One Life to Live.”
- “Knots Landing” (1989-1990) – She played the recurring role of Renaldo in this popular television series.
- “Law & Order” (2000) – Elliott had a guest appearance on an episode of the long-running TV series “Law & Order.”
As of my last update, Patricia Elliott’s involvement in web series or digital content wasn’t widely reported. It’s possible that there might have been developments in her career since then that I’m not aware of.
Please note that my information is based on the status as of September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes since that time.