Table of Contents
Polly Draper biography
Polly Draper is an American actress, writer, producer, and director known for her work in film, television, and theater. She has been involved in various aspects of the entertainment industry and has had a successful career with notable roles and contributions. Here are some key points about Polly Draper:
- Early Life: She was born on June 15, 1955, in Gary, Indiana, USA.
- Acting Family: Polly Draper comes from a family with a strong connection to the arts. She is the daughter of jazz pianist and composer William Henry Draper III and mother of actors Nat Wolff and Alex Wolff.
- “Thirtysomething” (1987-1991): Draper is best known for her role as Ellyn Warren in the popular TV series “Thirtysomething,” which explored the lives of a group of friends in their thirties.
- “The Naked Brothers Band” (2007-2009): Draper created, wrote, and directed the TV series “The Naked Brothers Band,” which starred her sons, Nat and Alex Wolff, and was based on their real-life experiences as young musicians.
- Theater Background: She has a strong background in theater and has appeared in stage productions, showcasing her talent in live performances.
- Film and Television Work: Polly Draper has acted in various films and television shows, often taking on roles that emphasize her versatility as an actress.
- Director and Writer: She has directed and written for film and television projects, showcasing her multifaceted creative abilities.
- Awards: Draper’s work in “Thirtysomething” and her involvement in other projects have earned her recognition and accolades in the entertainment industry.
- Educational Background: She attended Yale University and graduated with a degree in history.
- Parental Involvement: Her involvement in her children’s careers, including creating “The Naked Brothers Band,” highlights her supportive role as a mother in the entertainment industry.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been new developments or additional insights about Polly Draper’s life or career since that time.
Trivia of Polly Draper
Certainly! Here are some trivia facts about actress, writer, and director Polly Draper:
- Musical Talents: Polly Draper is a talented musician and singer. She plays the piano and often incorporates her musical abilities into her work.
- “The Naked Brothers Band” Inspiration: The TV series “The Naked Brothers Band” was inspired by her real-life sons, Nat and Alex Wolff, who are also musicians. The show provided a platform for them to showcase their musical talents.
- Emmy Nomination: She received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role as Ellyn Warren in the TV series “Thirtysomething.”
- Artistic Family: As mentioned earlier, her family has deep artistic roots. Her father was a jazz pianist and composer, and her mother was an actress and playwright.
- Work with Children: Draper’s ability to work with and support her children in the entertainment industry has been a significant aspect of her career, fostering a creative and collaborative family environment.
- “Stella’s Last Weekend”: She wrote, directed, and appeared in the 2018 film “Stella’s Last Weekend,” which starred her sons, Nat and Alex Wolff. This film further highlighted her familial collaboration in the industry.
- Educational Background: Draper studied acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York City, a prestigious acting school with a strong reputation.
- Guest Appearances: She has made guest appearances in various television series, showcasing her ability to take on diverse roles.
- Social Activism: Draper is involved in social and political activism, advocating for causes she believes in.
- Theater Involvement: In addition to her work in film and television, she has also acted in theater productions, further contributing to her varied artistic career.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments or additional trivia about Polly Draper since my last update in September 2021.
Movies and webseries Polly Draper
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Polly Draper has primarily been involved in television series and film, with some of her notable projects spanning both of these mediums. However, it’s important to note that her involvement in web series, if any, may have developed or expanded since that time. Here are some movies and a notable web series that Polly Draper has been associated with:
- “The Tic Code” (1999): Draper wrote and directed this independent drama film, which revolves around a young boy with Tourette’s syndrome who finds solace in playing jazz piano. The film explores themes of music, friendship, and acceptance.
- “Stella’s Last Weekend” (2018): Draper wrote, directed, and starred in this comedy-drama film, which also featured her sons, Nat and Alex Wolff. The film centers around a family gathering for a weekend, where relationships and secrets are revealed.
- “Otherhood” (2019): Polly Draper had a supporting role in this comedy film that follows three mothers who decide to show up unannounced at their adult sons’ apartments in New York City.
- “The Naked Brothers Band” (2007-2009): While not a traditional web series, this musical comedy series was created by Polly Draper and featured her real-life sons, Nat and Alex Wolff. The show initially started as a movie and later expanded into a TV series on Nickelodeon, where it followed the adventures of a young rock band and provided a platform for the Wolff brothers’ musical talents.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments or additional projects involving Polly Draper in both film and web series since my last update in September 2021.