Table of Contents
Rebecca De Mornay biography
Rebecca De Mornay is an American actress who has appeared in a variety of film and television projects. Here’s a brief biography of her:
Rebecca Jane Pearch, known professionally as Rebecca De Mornay, was born on August 29, 1959, in Santa Rosa, California, USA. She grew up in a creative and intellectual environment; her father, Wally George, was a well-known television and radio talk show host.
Rebecca De Mornay began her acting career in the early 1980s and quickly gained recognition for her talent and versatility. Some of her notable roles include:
- “Risky Business” (1983): De Mornay had a breakthrough role in this iconic film, starring alongside Tom Cruise. Her portrayal of Lana, a call girl, became one of her most memorable early performances.
- “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle” (1992): In this psychological thriller, De Mornay played a nanny with a dark agenda, earning praise for her chilling performance.
- “Backdraft” (1991): She appeared as the love interest of one of the main characters in this action-packed film about firefighters.
- “Wedding Crashers” (2005): In this popular comedy, De Mornay played the role of Claire Cleary, the stern and protective mother of a potential love interest.
- “Jessica Jones” (2015-2019): She had a recurring role in the Marvel television series “Jessica Jones,” playing the character Dorothy Walker, the controlling mother of one of the main characters.
Throughout her career, Rebecca De Mornay has been recognized for her ability to portray a wide range of characters, from dramatic to comedic roles.
Rebecca De Mornay has had a relatively private personal life. She has been married twice, first to Patrick O’Neal (1986-1993) and later to Bruce Wagner (since 2009). She has two daughters.
Awards and Recognition:
While Rebecca De Mornay has received positive reviews for her performances, she has not been as extensively awarded as some other actresses, but her contributions to film and television have been appreciated by audiences and critics alike.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been developments or new projects involving Rebecca De Mornay since that time.
Trivia of Rebecca De Mornay
Certainly! Here are some interesting trivia facts about Rebecca De Mornay:
- Stage Name: Rebecca De Mornay chose her stage name as a combination of her given first name, Rebecca, and the last name of the character in the play “Anna Christie” by Eugene O’Neill.
- Early Career: Before gaining fame as an actress, De Mornay worked as a model and even appeared in several commercials.
- Musical Talents: Rebecca De Mornay has musical talents beyond acting. She can play the guitar and has contributed to the soundtrack of some of her films.
- “Risky Business” Dance Scene: The iconic scene in “Risky Business” where De Mornay’s character dances in Tom Cruise’s character’s living room wearing only a shirt and underwear is one of the most memorable moments from her early career.
- Passionate Motorcyclist: De Mornay is an avid motorcycle enthusiast. She owns several motorcycles and has a passion for riding.
- Relationship with Leonard Cohen: Rebecca De Mornay had a romantic relationship with legendary Canadian musician and poet Leonard Cohen during the early 1990s.
- Fluent in French: De Mornay is fluent in French, which reflects her multicultural background and adds to her versatility as an actress.
- Childhood Encounter with Marlon Brando: When she was a child, Rebecca De Mornay had a chance encounter with the iconic actor Marlon Brando, who gave her some valuable acting advice.
- Charitable Work: De Mornay has been involved in various charitable endeavors, including supporting organizations that focus on cancer research and AIDS awareness.
- Co-Founding Production Company: She co-founded a production company called “Rebecca’s Films” in the early 2000s, indicating her interest in filmmaking beyond just acting.
Please note that this information is based on my knowledge up to September 2021, and there may have been new developments or additional trivia about Rebecca De Mornay since that time.
Movies and webseries of Rebecca De Mornay
Rebecca De Mornay has appeared in a variety of movies and television series throughout her career. Here’s a list of some of her notable works in both film and television:
- One from the Heart (1982) – Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, De Mornay had a small role in this musical romantic drama.
- Risky Business (1983) – This film, in which she played the character Lana, is one of De Mornay’s most iconic roles, starring alongside Tom Cruise.
- Runaway Train (1985) – She had a supporting role in this action thriller, which received critical acclaim.
- The Trip to Bountiful (1985) – De Mornay appeared in this drama, which was based on Horton Foote’s play.
- Backdraft (1991) – She played the love interest of one of the main characters in this firefighting drama.
- The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992) – In this psychological thriller, De Mornay played the main antagonist, a nanny with sinister intentions.
- Never Talk to Strangers (1995) – A psychological thriller in which she starred alongside Antonio Banderas.
- Wedding Crashers (2005) – She portrayed Claire Cleary, the overprotective mother, in this popular comedy.
- Mother’s Day (2010) – A horror thriller in which she played a lead role as a criminal mother.
- Jessica Jones (2015-2019) – De Mornay appeared in this Marvel television series, portraying the character Dorothy Walker, the mother of Trish Walker (Patsy).
Please note that there may have been additional projects released after September 2021 that I’m not aware of, and my information might be outdated. I recommend checking a more recent source for the latest filmography and projects involving Rebecca De Mornay.