Table of Contents
Rosemarie DeWitt biography
Rosemarie DeWitt is an American actress known for her work in film, television, and theater. She was born on October 26, 1971, in Flushing, Queens, New York, USA. DeWitt has been recognized for her versatile acting abilities and has appeared in a range of roles in various projects. Here are some key points about Rosemarie DeWitt:
- Early Career: DeWitt started her acting career on the stage, performing in theater productions before transitioning to film and television.
- Television Roles: She has appeared in several notable television shows, including guest-starring roles on series like “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” “Mad Men,” and “The United States of Tara.” Her TV work has earned her recognition for her acting skills.
- Film Work: Rosemarie DeWitt has been involved in various film projects. She has appeared in both independent films and mainstream movies, often showcasing her talent in dramatic and character-driven roles.
- “Rachel Getting Married” (2008): DeWitt received critical acclaim for her role in the film “Rachel Getting Married,” directed by Jonathan Demme. Her performance as the supportive sister of the titular character (played by Anne Hathaway) garnered attention and praise.
- “The United States of Tara” (2009): She played the role of Charmaine Craine in the comedy-drama series “The United States of Tara,” which explored the life of a woman with dissociative identity disorder (played by Toni Collette).
- “Poltergeist” (2015): DeWitt starred in the horror film “Poltergeist,” a remake of the classic 1982 film. She played the role of the mother, Amy Bowen, in this supernatural thriller.
- “La La Land” (2016): While not a major role, DeWitt had a small but memorable part in the acclaimed musical film “La La Land,” directed by Damien Chazelle.
- Theater Background: Before her on-screen success, DeWitt had a strong background in theater, performing in both classic and contemporary plays.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been new developments in Rosemarie DeWitt’s career since that time.
Trivia of Rosemarie DeWitt
Sure, here are some trivia facts about Rosemarie DeWitt:
- Family Ties: Rosemarie DeWitt comes from a family with connections in the entertainment industry. She is the granddaughter of famed boxer James J. Braddock, who was the inspiration for the film “Cinderella Man.” Additionally, she is the niece of actress and musician Polly Bergen.
- Education: DeWitt holds a Bachelor’s degree in Creative Studies from Hofstra University. She later received her MFA in Acting from the Actors Studio Drama School.
- Marriage: Rosemarie DeWitt is married to actor Ron Livingston, known for his roles in films like “Office Space” and TV shows like “Band of Brothers.” The couple got married in 2009 and has two children together.
- Sister Act: DeWitt has a sister named Katie DeWitt, who is a notable playwright and author. She has collaborated with Katie on various theater projects.
- Theater Background: Before gaining prominence in film and television, DeWitt had a strong background in theater. She has performed in stage productions, including Off-Broadway plays, showcasing her talent as a stage actress.
- Shared Screen Time: In the film “Rachel Getting Married,” Rosemarie DeWitt played the sister of Anne Hathaway’s character. The chemistry between the two actresses contributed to the film’s emotional depth.
- Hobbies: DeWitt is known for her love of cooking and gardening. She has mentioned her passion for these activities in interviews.
- Environmental Concerns: Rosemarie DeWitt is an advocate for environmental causes. She has been involved in initiatives focused on sustainability and raising awareness about environmental issues.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments or additional trivia about Rosemarie DeWitt since my knowledge was last updated in September 2021.
Movies and webseries of Rosemarie DeWitt
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Rosemarie DeWitt has appeared in several movies and television shows, but her primary focus has been on film and not web series. Here are some notable movies and television series featuring Rosemarie DeWitt:
- “Rachel Getting Married” (2008) – DeWitt played the role of Rachel in this critically acclaimed drama film, directed by Jonathan Demme. Her performance received praise and attention.
- “The Watch” (2012) – A comedy science fiction film in which DeWitt appeared alongside Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill.
- “Promised Land” (2012) – In this drama, she co-starred with Matt Damon, portraying a schoolteacher in a small town where a natural gas company is drilling for resources.
- “Men, Women & Children” (2014) – A drama film directed by Jason Reitman, where DeWitt played the role of a mother dealing with the effects of the internet on her family.
- “La La Land” (2016) – While her role was relatively small, DeWitt had a memorable appearance in this acclaimed musical film, playing the sister of Ryan Gosling’s character.
- “The Polka King” (2017) – A comedy film based on a true story, with DeWitt starring alongside Jack Black.
- “Songbird” (2020) – A science fiction thriller that takes place during a pandemic, in which DeWitt played the role of Piper Griffin.
- “Mad Men” (2008) – DeWitt had a guest-starring role in this acclaimed drama series during its second season.
- “The United States of Tara” (2009-2011) – She played Charmaine Craine, the sister of the main character (played by Toni Collette), in this comedy-drama series about a woman with dissociative identity disorder.
- “Black Mirror” (2017) – DeWitt appeared in the episode titled “Arkangel,” directed by Jodie Foster, which is part of the popular science fiction anthology series.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new projects or developments in Rosemarie DeWitt’s career since September 2021.