Table of Contents
Susan Dey biography
Susan Dey is an American actress, producer, and former model. She gained prominence in the 1970s for her role as Laurie Partridge in the popular television series “The Partridge Family.” Born on December 10, 1952, in Pekin, Illinois, USA, Dey has had a successful career in both television and film. Here are some key points about Susan Dey:
- “The Partridge Family” (1970-1974): This sitcom was a significant breakthrough for Susan Dey. She played Laurie Partridge, the eldest daughter in the musical family, and her performance contributed to the show’s popularity.
- Early Modeling: Before transitioning to acting, Susan Dey began her career as a fashion model. Her modeling work led to her initial exposure in the entertainment industry.
- “L.A. Law” (1986-1992): Dey’s later success on television included her role as Grace Van Owen in the legal drama series “L.A. Law.” She received critical acclaim for her portrayal of an attorney.
- Film Work: While Dey is primarily known for her television work, she has also appeared in several films. Some of her notable film roles include “Echo Park” (1986), “Looker” (1981), and “The Comeback Kid” (1980).
- Personal Life: Susan Dey was married to Lenny Hirshan, a prominent advertising executive, from 1976 to 1981. She later married television producer Bernard Sofronski in 1988, and they have a daughter together.
- Health Advocacy: Dey has been involved in advocacy work related to women’s health issues. She has spoken openly about her personal experience with breast cancer and has been active in raising awareness.
- Later Career: While she has taken on fewer acting roles in recent years, Susan Dey’s contributions to television and her iconic roles in classic shows have left a lasting impact on popular culture.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been developments in Susan Dey’s life or career since that time.
Trivia of Susan Dey
Certainly! Here are some trivia facts about Susan Dey:
- Modeling Career: Before becoming an actress, Susan Dey started her career as a successful fashion model. Her striking looks and poise contributed to her early recognition in the entertainment industry.
- Music Career: While best known for her acting, Dey also has musical talent. She provided lead vocals on some songs for “The Partridge Family” television show, despite the fact that her character, Laurie Partridge, was portrayed as the family’s keyboard player.
- First Acting Role: Susan Dey’s first acting role was in an episode of the TV series “The Monkees,” where she played a character named “Miriam” in 1967. This was a significant early opportunity for her in the television world.
- Turning Down High-Profile Roles: Dey was offered the roles of Sandy Olsson in the film “Grease” (1978) and Jill Munroe in the TV series “Charlie’s Angels” (1976). She turned down both roles, which became iconic and were eventually played by Olivia Newton-John and Farrah Fawcett, respectively.
- Sibling Connection: Susan Dey has a half-sister named Leslie “Les” Deykemn, who was the executive director of the Feminist Majority Foundation, a prominent women’s rights organization.
- Post-Acting Career: After her acting career, Dey transitioned into the role of a producer. She worked on several television movies and films, showcasing her involvement in different aspects of the entertainment industry.
- Education: Dey attended Columbus Elementary School in Thornwood, New York, and later studied drama at Fox Lane High School in Bedford, New York.
- Animal Advocacy: Dey has been an advocate for animal welfare causes and has supported various animal rights organizations.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments or additional trivia about Susan Dey since my knowledge was last updated in September 2021.
Movies and webseries of Susan Dey
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Susan Dey’s primary contributions were in television, and her filmography includes primarily television shows and TV movies. Please note that there may have been new projects or releases since that time. Here are some notable TV movies and television shows featuring Susan Dey:
- “Mary Jane Harper Cried Last Night” (1977): Dey starred in this television drama as a woman struggling with the challenges of motherhood.
- “First Love” (1977): She played the lead role in this TV movie, which was a romantic drama about a teenager’s first love.
- “Sins of the Past” (1984): Dey appeared in this TV movie, which was a psychological thriller about a woman dealing with her past and a traumatic childhood experience.
- “Echo Park” (1986): A comedy-drama film where Dey played a central role, portraying a young woman trying to pursue an acting career.
- “The Partridge Family” (1970-1974): This iconic sitcom featured Susan Dey as Laurie Partridge, the family’s eldest daughter, who played the keyboard in the musical group.
- “L.A. Law” (1986-1992): Dey gained significant recognition for her role as Grace Van Owen, an attorney, in this popular legal drama series.
- “Love & War” (1992-1995): She starred as Meg, a waitress and artist, in this romantic comedy television series.
- “Emerald Point N.A.S.” (1983-1984): Dey appeared in this military drama series set at a U.S. Naval Air Station.
As of my last update, Susan Dey hadn’t been prominently featured in web series. Please verify this information with more recent sources to ensure accuracy and to check if there have been any new projects or developments in Susan Dey’s career after September 2021.