Table of Contents
Tracey Gold biography
Tracey Gold is an American actress best known for her role as Carol Seaver on the popular sitcom “Growing Pains.” Here’s a brief overview of her background and career:
- Early Life: Tracey Claire Fisher was born on May 16, 1969, in New York City, USA.
- Family Background: Tracey Gold comes from a family with a background in the entertainment industry. Her father, Harry Gold, was a well-known advertising executive.
- Early Career: Gold began her acting career at a young age, appearing in commercials and guest roles on TV shows. One of her early notable roles was in the TV movie “Shooting Stars” (1983).
- Breakthrough Role: Tracey Gold’s breakthrough came with her role as Carol Seaver on the popular sitcom “Growing Pains,” which aired from 1985 to 1992. The show brought her widespread recognition and fame.
- Anorexia Struggle: Gold faced a well-documented battle with anorexia nervosa during her teenage years. Her struggle with the eating disorder became public, and she has since been an advocate for eating disorder awareness.
- Television Movies: After “Growing Pains,” Gold continued to work in television movies, including the “Killer Bees” (1974) and “For the Love of Nancy” (1994), which explored the topic of eating disorders.
- Reality Television: Tracey Gold participated in reality television, including appearances on shows like “Celebrity Wife Swap” and “Skating with Celebrities.”
- Author: Gold has co-authored a book titled “Room to Grow: An Appetite for Life,” which discusses her struggles with an eating disorder and her journey to recovery.
- Motherhood: Tracey Gold is a mother of four sons, and she has been open about her experiences with motherhood and family life.
- Advocacy: Beyond her acting career, Gold has been active in advocacy work, particularly in raising awareness about eating disorders and promoting mental health.
Tracey Gold’s career has been marked by her early success in “Growing Pains,” her personal challenges, and her advocacy work. Is there anything specific you’d like to know more about her?
Trivia of Tracey Gold
Certainly! Let’s delve into some trivia about Tracey Gold:
- Siblings in Showbiz: Tracey Gold’s younger sister, Missy Gold, is also an actress known for her roles in TV shows like “Benson.”
- Family Ties: She worked alongside her real-life brother, Brad Gold, in the TV movie “Dance ‘Til Dawn” (1988).
- Disney Connection: Tracey Gold appeared in several Disney TV movies, including “The Great Mom Swap” (1995) and “The Growing Pains Movie” (2000).
- Reunion with “Growing Pains” Cast: Tracey Gold reunited with her “Growing Pains” castmates for the 2004 TV movie “Growing Pains: Return of the Seavers.”
- Directorial Debut: Gold made her directorial debut with the TV movie “She’s No Angel” (2002), which starred her sister Missy.
- Reality Show Experience: She participated in the reality TV show “Celebrity Mole: Yucatan” (2004), where she was the winner.
- Advocacy Work: Tracey Gold has been actively involved in raising awareness about eating disorders and promoting mental health. Her advocacy work includes speaking engagements and collaborations with organizations focused on these issues.
- Educational Pursuits: Gold attended the Dwight-Englewood School in New Jersey.
- Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: In 1992, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for her contributions to the television industry.
- Producing Credits: Besides acting and directing, Tracey Gold has worked as a producer on projects such as “The Perfect Nanny” (2000).
These trivia points highlight different aspects of Tracey Gold’s career, personal life, and contributions to various aspects of the entertainment industry. Anything specific you found interesting?