Table of Contents
Zoey Deutch biography
Zoey Deutch is an accomplished American actress known for her roles in film and television. She was born on November 10, 1994, in Los Angeles, California. Zoey comes from a family with connections in the entertainment industry. Her mother, Lea Thompson, is a well-known actress, and her father, Howard Deutch, is a film director.
Zoey Deutch has gained recognition for her acting skills and her ability to take on diverse roles in various genres. Here are some highlights from her career:
- “Vampire Academy” (2014): Zoey played the lead role of Rose Hathaway in this film based on the popular young adult book series by Richelle Mead.
- “Everybody Wants Some!!” (2016): She appeared in this comedy film directed by Richard Linklater.
- “Before I Fall” (2017): Zoey starred in this drama-mystery film based on the novel of the same name by Lauren Oliver.
- “The Disaster Artist” (2017): She had a small but memorable role in this acclaimed film about the making of the cult classic “The Room.”
- “Set It Up” (2018): Zoey starred in this romantic comedy on Netflix, which gained popularity for its charming storyline.
- “Zombieland: Double Tap” (2019): She had a supporting role in this sequel to the 2009 hit film “Zombieland.”
- “The Politician” (2019): Zoey appeared in this Netflix series created by Ryan Murphy, where she played Infinity Jackson.
Zoey Deutch is known for her talent, versatility, and her ability to bring depth to her characters. She has garnered attention for her work in both film and television and continues to be a rising star in the entertainment industry. Keep in mind that there may have been developments in her career since my knowledge was last updated in September 2021.
Trivia of Zoey Deutch
As of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, Zoey Deutch is a talented actress with a growing career in film and television. While specific trivia about her may have evolved since that time, here are some interesting facts and points of trivia about Zoey Deutch up to that date:
- Family Connections: Zoey Deutch comes from a family with strong connections in the entertainment industry. Her mother, Lea Thompson, is an accomplished actress, and her father, Howard Deutch, is a well-known film director.
- Education: Zoey attended the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts and was part of the YoungArts program, which supports young artists in their development.
- Sisterly Collaboration: Zoey has worked alongside her sister, Madelyn Deutch, on several projects. Notably, Madelyn wrote and starred in the film “The Year of Spectacular Men,” which was directed by their father, Howard Deutch, and featured Zoey in a role.
- Advocate for Mental Health: Zoey Deutch has been an advocate for mental health awareness and has spoken openly about her own experiences with anxiety. She has used her platform to raise awareness and reduce stigma around mental health issues.
- Close Relationship with Bryan Cranston: While filming “Why Him?” (2016), Zoey Deutch developed a close bond with her co-star Bryan Cranston, who has praised her talent and work ethic.
- Diverse Roles: Zoey has showcased her versatility as an actress by taking on a variety of roles in different genres, from comedies to dramas.
- Role Choices: She’s known for her thoughtful approach to selecting roles that resonate with her and often gravitates towards projects with strong character development.
- Animal Lover: Zoey has a love for animals, and she’s been involved in supporting animal welfare organizations.
- Favorite Books: Zoey has mentioned “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee as one of her favorite books, indicating her appreciation for classic literature.
- Environmental Advocacy: Zoey Deutch has shown an interest in environmental issues and has been involved in environmental initiatives and campaigns.
Please note that there may have been new developments in Zoey Deutch’s life and career since September 2021 that I’m not aware of.
Movies and webseries of Zoey Deutch
As of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, Zoey Deutch has appeared in a variety of movies and has been involved in television series as well. Here are some of her notable works:
- “Vampire Academy” (2014) – Zoey played the lead role of Rose Hathaway in this film adaptation of the popular young adult book series by Richelle Mead.
- “Everybody Wants Some!!” (2016) – She appeared in this comedy film directed by Richard Linklater, set in the 1980s and focused on a college baseball team.
- “Before I Fall” (2017) – Zoey starred in this drama-mystery film based on the novel of the same name by Lauren Oliver, playing the role of Samantha Kingston.
- “Why Him?” (2016) – She played the girlfriend of a young man whose unconventional and eccentric billionaire father, portrayed by Bryan Cranston, causes tension in the relationship.
- “Set It Up” (2018) – Zoey starred in this romantic comedy on Netflix, where two overworked assistants attempt to set up their bosses to free up some personal time.
- “Zombieland: Double Tap” (2019) – She had a supporting role in this sequel to the 2009 hit film “Zombieland.”
- “Buffaloed” (2019) – Zoey played the lead role in this comedy-drama film as a young woman from Buffalo, New York, with a talent for getting into debt collection schemes.
- “The Suite Life on Deck” (2010) – Zoey had a guest appearance in this Disney Channel series, where she played the character Maya Bennett in a two-part episode.
- “Ringer” (2011-2012) – She appeared in this mystery-thriller series, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, as Juliet Martin.
- “Dirty John” (2018) – Zoey appeared in a guest-starring role in this true-crime anthology series, which focuses on stories of deception and manipulation.
- “The Politician” (2019) – She had a significant role in this Netflix series created by Ryan Murphy, where she played the character Infinity Jackson.
Please note that there might have been additional projects or developments in Zoey Deutch’s career since September 2021 that I’m not aware of, as my information is not up to date beyond that time.