Table of Contents
Linda Harrison biography
Linda Harrison is an American actress born on July 26, 1945, in Berlin, Maryland. She gained fame for her roles in the science fiction genre, particularly for her portrayal of Nova in the “Planet of the Apes” film series. Here are some key points from Linda Harrison’s biography:
- Early Life and Education: Linda Harrison grew up in Maryland and attended Berlin High School. She later studied at the University of Maryland.
- Modeling Career: Before entering the acting world, Harrison worked as a model. Her beauty and presence caught the attention of Hollywood.
- “Planet of the Apes” Series: Linda Harrison is best known for her role as Nova in the original “Planet of the Apes” film (1968) and its sequel, “Beneath the Planet of the Apes” (1970). She reprised her role in a brief appearance in “Battle for the Planet of the Apes” (1973).
- Film Career: While she is most recognized for her work in the “Planet of the Apes” series, Linda Harrison appeared in other films, including “Cocoon” (1985) and “Cocoon: The Return” (1988).
- Marriage to Richard Zanuck: Linda Harrison was married to film producer Richard D. Zanuck, known for his work on films like “Jaws” and “Driving Miss Daisy.” The couple was married from 1969 to 1978.
- Post-Acting Career: After her acting career, Harrison shifted her focus away from the entertainment industry.
- Author: Linda Harrison wrote her autobiography titled “The Three of Us,” which provides insights into her life and experiences in Hollywood.
Linda Harrison’s contribution to the iconic “Planet of the Apes” series has left a lasting impact on science fiction cinema, and her career reflects a mix of modeling, acting, and later, writing.
Trivia of Linda Harrison
Certainly! Here are some trivia bits about Linda Harrison:
- Casting Discovery: Linda Harrison was discovered by film producer Arthur P. Jacobs while she was working as a model. This led to her casting in the role of Nova in the original “Planet of the Apes” film.
- “Planet of the Apes” Impact: Her portrayal of Nova in the “Planet of the Apes” series became iconic and contributed to the success and cultural impact of the franchise.
- Marriage to Richard Zanuck: Linda Harrison’s marriage to Richard D. Zanuck, a prominent film producer, was a notable connection within Hollywood. They were married for nearly a decade.
- Brief Cameo in Sequels: While her character Nova played a significant role in the first two “Planet of the Apes” films, Linda Harrison made a brief appearance in “Battle for the Planet of the Apes.”
- Post-Acting Focus: After her acting career, Harrison shifted her focus away from Hollywood and explored other pursuits.
- Autobiography: Linda Harrison penned her autobiography, titled “The Three of Us,” providing a personal account of her life and experiences.
- University of Maryland Alumna: Harrison attended the University of Maryland, showcasing an academic aspect to her early life.
- Role in “Cocoon” Films: In addition to her work in the “Planet of the Apes” series, Linda Harrison appeared in the science fiction films “Cocoon” (1985) and its sequel “Cocoon: The Return” (1988).
These trivia points offer insights into Linda Harrison’s career, personal life, and contributions to the film industry.
Movies of Linda Harrison
Linda Harrison is best known for her role as Nova in the “Planet of the Apes” series, but she has also appeared in other films. Here are some movies featuring Linda Harrison:
- “Planet of the Apes” (1968): Linda Harrison gained widespread recognition for her portrayal of Nova in the original “Planet of the Apes” film.
- “Beneath the Planet of the Apes” (1970): Harrison reprised her role as Nova in the sequel to the original “Planet of the Apes.”
- “Cocoon” (1985): Linda Harrison had a role in this science fiction film directed by Ron Howard. The film explores themes of immortality and features an ensemble cast.
- “Cocoon: The Return” (1988): Harrison returned for the sequel to “Cocoon,” which continues the story of a group of elderly individuals who discover a pool with rejuvenating powers.
While Linda Harrison’s filmography is not extensive, her contribution to the “Planet of the Apes” series has left a lasting impact on science fiction cinema.
Awards of Linda Harrison
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, Linda Harrison has not received major individual acting awards for her contributions to the entertainment industry. It’s important to note that awards and recognition don’t always fully represent the impact and significance of an actor’s work.
Linda Harrison is best known for her iconic role as Nova in the “Planet of the Apes” series, and while she may not have received major acting awards, her portrayal of the character has left a lasting impact on science fiction cinema.
For the most current information on Linda Harrison’s awards or recognitions, it’s advisable to check more recent sources or her official profiles.
Hobbies of Linda Harrison
Details about Linda Harrison’s personal hobbies are not extensively documented in the public domain. Celebrities often maintain a level of privacy when it comes to their personal lives, and specific information about their hobbies may not be publicly disclosed.
However, it’s not uncommon for individuals, including those in the entertainment industry, to have a range of interests and hobbies outside of their professional careers. These can include activities such as travel, reading, fitness, artistic pursuits, or engagement in charitable causes.
If Linda Harrison has publicly shared information about her hobbies, it would likely be found in interviews, articles, or any autobiographical works she may have written. Otherwise, such details may remain private.