Anne Archer is an American actress. She was born on August 24, 1947, in Los Angeles, California. Archer has had a long and successful career in film, television, and theater, known for her versatility and captivating performances.
Archer began her acting career in the late 1960s and early 1970s, appearing in various theater productions. She made her film debut in 1970 with a small role in the movie "The Honkers." Throughout the 1970s, she appeared in several films and television shows, steadily building her resume.
However, Archer gained widespread recognition and critical acclaim for her role as Beth Gallagher in the hit thriller film "Fatal Attraction" (1987). Her portrayal of a woman caught in a dangerous affair earned her an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress and solidified her as a talented and respected actress.
Following the success of "Fatal Attraction," Archer continued to work in film, television, and theater. She appeared in movies such as "Patriot Games" (1992), "Clear and Present Danger" (1994), and "Rules of Engagement" (2000). In addition to her film work, Archer has made notable appearances on television shows, including "Falcon Crest" and "Boston Public."
Archer has also been involved in theater productions, both on and off-Broadway. She has performed in plays such as "The Graduate," "The Poison Tree," and "Les Liaisons Dangereuses."
Outside of her acting career, Archer has been active in various charitable endeavors. She has supported organizations focused on social issues, including human rights and environmental causes.
Please note that my knowledge cutoff is in September 2021, so any developments or activities that occurred after that date may not be included in this response.
1. Anne Archer's father is actor John Archer, known for his roles in Western films and television shows.
2. She attended Claremont College and studied theater arts before pursuing her acting career.
3. Archer was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Beth Gallagher in the film "Fatal Attraction" (1987).
4. She won a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in "Fatal Attraction."
5. Archer is a licensed pilot and is passionate about aviation. She has logged numerous flight hours and owns her own plane.
6. She is a dedicated environmentalist and has been involved with organizations such as the Rainforest Foundation Fund and the Environmental Media Association.
7. Archer has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for her contributions to the entertainment industry.
8. She has appeared in music videos for artists such as Duran Duran ("Notorious") and Bryan Adams ("Please Forgive Me").
9. Archer is a trained classical pianist and has played the piano in various films and stage productions.
10. She has been married twice. Her first marriage was to William Davis, with whom she has a son. She is currently married to producer and writer Terry Jastrow, and they have two sons together.
These trivia facts provide a glimpse into Anne Archer's career and personal life. However, it's worth noting that her life and career are dynamic, and there may be additional developments or trivia about her that have occurred since September 2021.