Hannah Witton is a British YouTuber, author, and sex-positive activist. Born on February 19, 1992, in Manchester, England, she is known for creating content around topics such as relationships, sex education, feminism, and disability awareness.
Here are some key aspects about Hannah Witton:
1. YouTube Career: Witton gained popularity through her YouTube channel, where she shares videos discussing a wide range of topics related to relationships, sex, and personal development. Her content aims to provide informative and inclusive discussions while promoting open conversations around taboo subjects.
2. Sex Education and Advocacy: Witton is an advocate for comprehensive and inclusive sex education. She often addresses misconceptions, provides advice, and promotes healthy attitudes towards sexuality and relationships in her videos.
3. Author: Hannah Witton is also an author. She has published books focused on sex education and personal development. Her books include "Doing It: Let's Talk About Sex" and "The Hormone Diaries: The Bloody Truth About Our Periods."
4. Disability Activism: Witton is a disability rights advocate and has spoken openly about her experiences living with ulcerative colitis, a chronic inflammatory bowel disease. She shares her journey to raise awareness, challenge stigmas, and provide support for others facing similar challenges.
5. Collaboration and Media Appearances: Witton has collaborated with various YouTubers and creators on collaborative videos and projects. She has also made appearances in mainstream media, including television programs and podcasts, to discuss topics related to her expertise.
6. Feminism and Social Issues: Hannah Witton is a vocal supporter of feminism and actively discusses issues related to gender equality, body positivity, consent, and mental health. She uses her platform to raise awareness and promote positive change.
7. Public Speaking: Witton has spoken at conferences, universities, and events, sharing her knowledge and experiences. She engages in public speaking engagements to promote sex education, body positivity, and inclusive conversations.
8. Mental Health Advocacy: Witton has been open about her experiences with mental health challenges and has used her platform to raise awareness and promote self-care and mental health support.
9. Educational Background: Hannah Witton holds a degree in History from the University of Birmingham. She has incorporated her academic background into her content, often providing historical context to discussions related to sexuality and relationships.
10. Podcast: Witton hosts a podcast called "Doing It," where she engages in conversations about sex, relationships, and personal experiences with a variety of guests. The podcast aims to foster open and honest discussions around these topics.
Hannah Witton's work as a YouTuber, author, and advocate has made her a respected figure in the field of sex education, feminism, and mental health awareness. Her commitment to providing inclusive and informative content has helped to break down taboos and create a safe space for open discussions on these important topics.
YouTube Star Details
1. YouTube Beginnings: Hannah Witton started her YouTube channel in 2011 while she was studying at the University of Birmingham. She initially created content focused on beauty and fashion before transitioning to her current focus on sex education and relationships.
2. University Ambassador: During her time at the University of Birmingham, Witton served as an ambassador for the university, promoting student life and sharing her experiences through videos and blog posts.
3. Award Recognition: Witton has received recognition for her contributions to the online community. She was a finalist for the Cosmopolitan Influencer Awards in the categories of "Best Sex and Relationships Influencer" and "Best Vlogger" in 2017.
4. TEDx Talk: In 2017, Hannah Witton gave a TEDx talk titled "Let's Talk About Sex Education," in which she discussed the importance of comprehensive sex education and the need to address the gaps and misconceptions in traditional sex education curricula.
5. Charity Work: Witton actively supports charitable causes. She has participated in events and campaigns to raise funds and awareness for organizations like Stonewall, a charity focused on LGBTQ+ rights, and The Eve Appeal, which raises awareness and funds for gynecological cancers.
6. Beyond YouTube: In addition to her YouTube channel, Witton has also contributed to various media outlets and platforms. She has written articles for publications such as The Guardian and The Huffington Post, discussing topics related to sex education, feminism, and body positivity.
7. Disability Awareness: As someone living with ulcerative colitis, Witton is passionate about raising awareness and providing support for individuals with disabilities and chronic illnesses. She shares her experiences and challenges, aiming to create a more inclusive and understanding society.
8. Personal Development Content: Witton's content extends beyond sex education. She also explores personal development topics, including self-care, confidence-building, and goal-setting, with a focus on empowering her viewers to lead fulfilling lives.
9. Book Club: Witton runs a book club called "Banging Book Club" in collaboration with fellow YouTubers Lucy Moon and Leena Norms. The book club focuses on exploring and discussing books related to sex, relationships, feminism, and social issues.
10. Mental Health Advocate: Witton openly discusses mental health topics and shares her own experiences with anxiety and panic disorder. She uses her platform to promote mental health awareness, self-care practices, and the importance of seeking support.
These trivia facts highlight different aspects of Hannah Witton's career as a YouTuber, author, and advocate, showcasing her contributions to sex education, her involvement in charity work, and her commitment to promoting inclusivity and understanding.