Katie Aselton is an American actress, filmmaker, and producer. She was born on October 1, 1978, in Milbridge, Maine. Aselton has made a name for herself in both television and independent film, known for her versatility and creative talents.
Aselton began her acting career in the early 2000s and gained recognition for her role as Jenny MacArthur in the comedy series "The League" (2009-2015). Her portrayal of the supportive and often witty wife of one of the main characters earned her a dedicated fan base.
In addition to her television work, Aselton has appeared in various independent films. She starred in and directed the feature film "The Freebie" (2010), which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. She also starred in and co-wrote the film "Black Rock" (2012), which showcased her talents as both an actress and a writer.
Aselton has expanded her creative endeavors beyond acting. She has directed several episodes of television shows, including "The League" and "Legion." She also co-created the series "The Rovers" (2022), which she executive produced and starred in.
Outside of her work in film and television, Aselton is involved in philanthropic efforts. She has supported various charitable organizations, including the Alzheimer's Association and Planned Parenthood.
In recent years, Aselton has continued to work on both sides of the camera, taking on acting roles in television shows such as "Room 104" and "The Morning Show." She has also ventured into producing, with projects such as the film "Plus One" (2019).
Please note that my knowledge cutoff is in September 2021, so any developments or activities that occurred after that date may not be included in this response.
1. Katie Aselton is married to actor and filmmaker Mark Duplass. The couple got married in 2006 and has worked together on various projects.
2. She co-wrote and co-directed the 2014 thriller film "Black Rock," in which she also starred alongside Lake Bell and Kate Bosworth.
3. Aselton made her directorial debut with the film "The Freebie" (2010), in which she also starred alongside Dax Shepard.
4. She has collaborated with her husband Mark Duplass on several projects, including the films "The Puffy Chair" (2005) and "The Do-Deca-Pentathlon" (2012).
5. Aselton is a founding member of the female-driven production company called The Duplass Brothers' Productions, which focuses on creating opportunities for female voices in the industry.
6. She has appeared in the hit television show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" in a recurring role as a character named Artemis.
7. Aselton has worked as a producer on various projects, including the films "The Overnight" (2015) and "Take Me" (2017).
8. She has a background in improvisational comedy and has performed at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in Los Angeles.
9. Aselton has been involved in environmental causes and has advocated for sustainability and conservation.
10. She has been an advocate for women in the entertainment industry and has spoken out about the importance of creating opportunities and representation for women behind the camera.
These trivia facts provide a glimpse into Katie Aselton's career and personal life. However, it's worth noting that her life and contributions are dynamic, and there may be additional developments or trivia about her that have occurred since September 2021.