Lilly Singh, also known by her online persona "Superwoman," is a Canadian YouTuber, comedian, actress, and television host. She gained widespread recognition for her comedic and relatable videos on YouTube.
Here are some key details about Lilly Singh:
1. Lilly Singh was born on September 26, 1988, in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, to Indian parents.
2. She started her YouTube channel, "IISuperwomanII," in October 2010. Singh's content initially focused on comedy skits, relatable life experiences, and humorous takes on everyday situations.
3. Singh's YouTube channel gained immense popularity, and she became one of the most influential and successful YouTubers globally. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, she has amassed over 14 million subscribers and billions of views on her videos.
4. In 2017, Singh released her first book titled "How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life," which became a New York Times bestseller.
5. She has collaborated with numerous celebrities and fellow YouTubers, including Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Michelle Obama, Priyanka Chopra, and James Corden.
6. In 2019, Singh became the host of her late-night talk show called "A Little Late with Lilly Singh" on NBC. She made history as the first woman of Indian and South Asian descent to host a late-night talk show on a major broadcast network.
7. Throughout her career, Singh has used her platform to advocate for mental health awareness, positivity, and inclusivity. She has been vocal about her own experiences with mental health challenges and has encouraged open conversations around these topics.
8. In addition to her YouTube and television work, Singh has ventured into acting, appearing in films like "Bad Moms" and "Fahrenheit 451."
Lilly Singh's success story as a YouTuber-turned-television host has inspired many aspiring content creators and comedians. She has made significant contributions to the digital entertainment industry and continues to use her platform to entertain, educate, and advocate for positive change.
YouTube Star Details
1. Lilly Singh was a competitive rhythmic gymnast in her youth and has a strong background in dance.
2. She studied psychology at York University in Toronto, Canada, before focusing on her career in entertainment.
3. Singh adopted the username "Superwoman" for her YouTube channel as a tribute to her childhood nickname and her belief in empowering others.
4. In 2015, Singh won her first Teen Choice Award in the Choice Web Star: Comedy category.
5. She has been recognized by Forbes on their list of the world's highest-paid YouTube stars. In 2017, she was ranked 10th on the list, earning an estimated $10.5 million that year.
6. Singh has collaborated with renowned brands such as Coca-Cola, Calvin Klein, and Olay for various marketing campaigns.
7. In 2017, she was featured in the music video for Maroon 5's hit song "Girls Like You" alongside several influential women.
8. Singh has used her platform to raise funds for charitable causes, including her annual "GirlLove" campaign that aims to empower and support girls' education.
9. She has been a guest on various talk shows, including "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" and "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah."
10. In 2019, Singh was featured on TIME magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
These trivia facts shed light on Lilly Singh's achievements, impact, and contributions to the entertainment industry and her philanthropic endeavors.