Mahira Khan is a Pakistani actress and model who has gained international recognition for her work in the Pakistani entertainment industry. She was born on December 21, 1984, in Karachi, Pakistan. Mahira Khan started her career as a VJ (video jockey) on MTV Pakistan, hosting various shows and gaining popularity for her charismatic on-screen presence.
Mahira Khan made her acting debut on television with the drama serial "Neeyat" in 2011. However, she rose to prominence with her breakthrough role as Khirad in the critically acclaimed drama serial "Humsafar" in 2011-2012. Her portrayal of Khirad earned her immense praise and popularity, establishing her as one of the most prominent actresses in the industry.
Following the success of "Humsafar," Mahira Khan starred in several successful television dramas, including "Shehr-e-Zaat," "Sadqay Tumhare," and "Bin Roye." Her performances in these dramas further solidified her position as a versatile and talented actress.
Mahira Khan expanded her presence to the big screen and made her film debut with the Pakistani movie "Bol" in 2011. She subsequently appeared in commercially successful films such as "Bin Roye," "Ho Mann Jahaan," and "Raees." Her performance in the Bollywood film "Raees" opposite Shah Rukh Khan garnered her widespread acclaim and brought her international recognition.
Aside from her acting career, Mahira Khan is known for her humanitarian work. She has been actively involved in social causes, including campaigns related to education, women's rights, and healthcare.
Mahira Khan is recognized for her elegance, style, and grace. She has received numerous awards for her acting, including Lux Style Awards and Hum Awards. With her talent and global appeal, Mahira Khan continues to be a prominent figure in the Pakistani entertainment industry, representing the country on international platforms.
1. Early Career: Before entering the entertainment industry, Mahira Khan worked as a cashier at a Rite Aid store in Los Angeles, USA, during her studies.
2. Recognition as a VJ: Mahira Khan gained popularity as a VJ on MTV Pakistan, where she hosted the shows "Most Wanted" and "Weekends with Mahira."
3. International Stardom: Mahira Khan gained international recognition through her role in the Bollywood film "Raees" opposite Shah Rukh Khan. The film helped her gain a substantial fan following beyond Pakistan.
4. First Pakistani L'Oréal Paris Brand Ambassador: In 2017, Mahira Khan became the first Pakistani actress to be appointed as a brand ambassador for L'Oréal Paris Pakistan. She joined the prestigious list of L'Oréal Paris ambassadors worldwide.
5. Social Activism: Mahira Khan has been actively involved in various philanthropic activities. She has supported causes such as education, child welfare, and breast cancer awareness.
6. Controversy: In 2017, Mahira Khan faced some controversy when pictures of her smoking with Indian actor Ranbir Kapoor in New York City surfaced online. The incident sparked debates and discussions about morality and public image.
7. International Awards: Mahira Khan has received several international awards for her acting, including the UK Asian Film Festival Award for Best Actress for her performance in the film "Verna."
8. Honored by the Government of Pakistan: In 2018, Mahira Khan was awarded the prestigious Tamgha-e-Imtiaz by the Government of Pakistan in recognition of her contributions to the entertainment industry.
9. Brand Endorsements: Mahira Khan has been the face of various prominent brands in Pakistan, including Lux, QMobile, and Huawei.
These trivia facts shed light on different aspects of Mahira Khan's career and personal life, showcasing her journey, achievements, and impact in the entertainment industry.