Mahira Khan is a Pakistani actress and former VJ (video jockey). She is one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in the Pakistani entertainment industry. Here are some key details and facts about Mahira Khan:
1. Early Life and Education: Mahira Khan was born on December 21, 1984, in Karachi, Pakistan. She completed her early education in Pakistan and later moved to the United States for higher studies.
2. Acting Debut: Mahira Khan made her acting debut on the small screen in 2006 with the television drama "Neeyat." However, she gained widespread recognition and acclaim for her role as Khirad in the popular drama serial "Humsafar" in 2011.
3. Bollywood Film: Mahira Khan made her Bollywood debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the film "Raees" in 2017. The film received positive reviews, and her performance was widely appreciated.
4. International Recognition: Mahira Khan has gained international recognition for her work and has been invited to represent Pakistan at various prestigious events and film festivals around the world.
5. Filmography: Mahira Khan has appeared in several successful Pakistani films, including "Bol," "Bin Roye," "Ho Mann Jahaan," and "Superstar."
6. Awards and Accolades: She has received numerous awards for her acting skills, including Lux Style Awards, Hum Awards, and Pakistan International Film Festival Awards.
7. Philanthropy Work: Mahira Khan is actively involved in philanthropic endeavors. She has worked with various organizations and campaigns to raise awareness and support for social causes, including women's empowerment, education, and health.
8. Controversy: Mahira Khan faced some controversy when pictures of her smoking with Indian actor Ranbir Kapoor surfaced online. The incident sparked a debate about moral policing and received significant media attention.
9. Brand Endorsements: Mahira Khan is a sought-after brand ambassador in Pakistan and has endorsed several notable brands, including Lux, Sunsilk, and Veet.
10. Social Media Presence: Mahira Khan is active on social media and has a significant following on platforms like Instagram and Twitter. She uses her platforms to share updates about her projects, engage with her fans, and raise awareness about social issues.
Mahira Khan is known for her talent, beauty, and charismatic on-screen presence. She has made significant contributions to the Pakistani entertainment industry and continues to be a prominent figure in the industry.
1. Name and Birthdate: Mahira Khan's full name is Mahira Hafeez Khan, and she was born on December 21, 1984, in Karachi, Pakistan.
2. Early Career: Before entering the entertainment industry, Mahira Khan worked as a VJ (video jockey) on MTV Pakistan, hosting shows like "Most Wanted" and "Weekend with Mahira."
3. International Recognition: Mahira Khan gained significant international recognition when she starred opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the Bollywood film "Raees" (2017). The movie's success helped her reach a broader audience beyond Pakistan.
4. Hum TV's Most Stylish Actress: Mahira Khan has been consistently recognized for her style and fashion sense. In 2016, she was awarded the title of "Most Stylish Actress" at the Hum Style Awards.
5. Goodwill Ambassador: Mahira Khan has been appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Pakistan. She actively works to raise awareness about the plight of refugees and advocates for their rights.
6. Social Initiatives: She launched her own foundation called "Mashion" in 2020, which focuses on various social causes such as education, women empowerment, and health.
7. Lux Style Awards: Mahira Khan has won numerous Lux Style Awards throughout her career, including the Best Actress awards for her performances in dramas like "Humsafar" and "Sadqay Tumhare."
8. Dancing Skills: Mahira Khan showcased her dancing skills in the Bollywood film "Raees," particularly in the popular song "Zaalima." She received praise for her graceful dance moves.
9. Film Festival Appearances: Mahira Khan has attended prestigious international film festivals such as the Cannes Film Festival and the Locarno Film Festival, representing Pakistani cinema.
10. Personal Life: Mahira Khan was married to Ali Askari, a Pakistani television producer. However, they got divorced in 2015. She has a son named Azlan.
These facts shed light on Mahira Khan's achievements, humanitarian work, and contributions to the entertainment industry. She continues to be a respected figure in both Pakistan and the international film industry.