Susan Anton is an American actress, singer, and model. She was born on October 12, 1950, in Oak Glen, California, United States. Anton gained popularity in the 1970s and 1980s for her work in television, music, and stage productions.
Anton started her career as a model and became known for her stunning beauty and statuesque figure. She appeared on the cover of various magazines, including "Glamour" and "Vogue." Her modeling career helped her transition into the entertainment industry.
In the 1970s, Anton began appearing in television shows and made-for-TV movies. She had guest roles in popular series such as "Hawaii Five-O," "The F.B.I.," and "Mannix." Anton also had a recurring role on the series "Baywatch" in the late 1980s.
Aside from her television work, Anton also had success in music. She released several albums, including "Susan Anton" (1979) and "Killin' Time" (1980), which featured her singing talents. Anton also showcased her singing ability on various variety shows and specials.
In the realm of theater, Anton gained recognition for her performances in stage productions. She starred in musicals such as "The Will Rogers Follies" and "Hairspray," showcasing her versatility as a performer.
Throughout her career, Anton appeared in a number of films, including "Goldengirl" (1979) and "Cannonball Run II" (1984). She also made guest appearances on talk shows and game shows, displaying her charm and wit.
In recent years, Anton has continued to make occasional appearances in film and television. She has also been involved in charity work, supporting causes such as AIDS research and treatment.
Please note that my knowledge cutoff is in September 2021, so any developments or activities that occurred after that date may not be included in this response.
1. Susan Anton gained significant attention for her appearance in a series of high-profile commercials for Muriel Cigars in the 1970s. The ads featured her singing and playing the guitar.
2. Anton was a contestant on the reality competition show "Celebrity Wife Swap" in 2015, where she swapped lives with Jackée Harry.
3. She had a memorable guest appearance on the popular sitcom "Night Court" in the episode "Her Honor: Part 2," where she played a judge and sang "All That Jazz" from the musical "Chicago."
4. Anton co-hosted the variety show "Mel and Susan Together" with Mel Tillis in the late 1970s.
5. In 1981, she appeared on the cover of "Playboy" magazine, which became one of the most popular issues in the magazine's history.
6. Anton performed in Las Vegas at various renowned venues, including the Desert Inn, Caesar's Palace, and the MGM Grand.
7. She had a recurring role on the soap opera "Baywatch" as Jackie Quinn, the mother of one of the main characters.
8. Anton participated in the 2006 season of the reality competition show "Celebrity Fit Club," where celebrities aimed to lose weight and improve their fitness.
9. She released a workout video titled "Susan Anton's Bodytron" in 1982, which was designed to help viewers improve their physical fitness.
10. Anton was involved in a romantic relationship with English comedian Dudley Moore during the 1980s.
These trivia facts provide a glimpse into Susan Anton's career and personal life. However, it's worth noting that her life and career are dynamic, and there may be additional developments or trivia about her that have occurred since September 2021.