Table of Contents
Ami Dolenz biography
Ami Dolenz is an American actress and producer known for her work in film and television. She comes from a family with connections to the entertainment industry, and she has appeared in various projects throughout her career. Here are some key points about Ami Dolenz:
- Family Background: Ami Dolenz is the daughter of actor Mickey Dolenz, who is best known as one of the members of the iconic music group The Monkees.
- Early Acting Roles: She began her acting career with guest appearances on television shows in the 1980s, including appearances on popular series like “Growing Pains” and “Punky Brewster.”
- Horror Film Roles: Ami Dolenz gained recognition for her roles in several horror films during the late 1980s and 1990s, contributing to her status as a “scream queen.”
- “Pump Up the Volume” (1990): She appeared in this cult classic film, which starred Christian Slater, exploring teenage rebellion and the power of pirate radio.
- “Witchboard 2: The Devil’s Doorway” (1993): Dolenz had a lead role in this horror sequel, demonstrating her involvement in the genre.
- Television Series: Ami Dolenz continued to make guest appearances on various television series, showcasing her versatility as an actress.
- Producing Career: In addition to acting, she has also worked as a producer on some projects.
- Personal Life: Dolenz has kept her personal life relatively private, and there is limited public information available about her activities outside of her career.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been new developments or additional insights about Ami Dolenz’s life or career since that time.
Trivia of Ami Dolenz
Certainly! Here are some trivia facts about actress Ami Dolenz:
- Early Acting Start: Ami Dolenz began her acting career at a young age, making her debut in a guest role on the popular TV series “Mr. Belvedere” in 1985.
- Music Video Appearance: She appeared in the music video for the song “Wild Side” by the band Mötley Crüe, which was released in 1987.
- Connection to “Can’t Buy Me Love”: Ami Dolenz auditioned for the lead role of Cindy Mancini in the teen comedy film “Can’t Buy Me Love” (1987), but the role eventually went to actress Amanda Peterson.
- The Monkees Influence: Her father, Mickey Dolenz, was a member of the iconic 1960s band The Monkees, known for their music and television series.
- Horror Film Roles: Ami Dolenz appeared in several horror films during the 1990s, becoming associated with the genre, which led to her being referred to as a “scream queen.”
- “Ferris Bueller” Connection: She guest-starred in an episode of the TV series “Ferris Bueller,” based on the popular film “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”
- Voice Acting: Ami Dolenz has also lent her voice to animated projects, showcasing her versatility as an actress.
- Directed Short Film: In addition to acting, she directed a short film titled “Mr. Fix It” in 2010.
- “Stepmonster” Lead Role: She starred in the horror-comedy film “Stepmonster” (1993), playing the role of Phoebe, a teenage girl dealing with her father’s new wife.
- Private Life: Similar to her personal life, she has maintained a relatively low profile in the entertainment industry, with fewer high-profile roles in recent years.
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new developments or additional trivia about Ami Dolenz since my last update in September 2021.
Movies and webseries of Ami Dolenz
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Ami Dolenz has appeared in a variety of movies and has made guest appearances on television series. However, web series were not as prominent during her active years in the entertainment industry. Please note that there may have been new developments or additional appearances since that time. Here are some notable movies and a mention of a TV series in which Ami Dolenz has been involved:
- “Can’t Buy Me Love” (1987) – Although she auditioned for the lead role of Cindy Mancini, she did not land the part, but the film became a cult classic starring Amanda Peterson and Patrick Dempsey.
- “She’s Out of Control” (1989) – Dolez had a role in this comedy film that starred Tony Danza and Catherine Hicks.
- “Pump Up the Volume” (1990) – She appeared in this drama film alongside Christian Slater, exploring the world of pirate radio and teenage rebellion.
- “Witchboard 2: The Devil’s Doorway” (1993) – Dolenz had a lead role in this horror sequel, contributing to her reputation in the horror genre.
- “Children of the Night” (1991) – She appeared in this horror-thriller film.
- “Ferris Bueller” (1990) – Ami Dolenz made a guest appearance in an episode of the TV series “Ferris Bueller,” based on the popular film “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”
Please verify this information with more recent sources, as there may have been new movies, web series, or television appearances involving Ami Dolenz released since September 2021.