Table of Contents
Suzzanne Douglas biography
Suzzanne Douglas was an accomplished American actress known for her work in film, television, and theater. She had a diverse and notable career with a range of roles that showcased her talent. Unfortunately, Suzzanne Douglas passed away on July 6, 2021. Here are some key points about her:
- Early Life: Suzzanne Douglas was born on April 12, 1957, in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- “The Parent ‘Hood” (1995-1999): She gained widespread recognition for her role as Jerri Peterson, the matriarch of the Curtis family, on the popular TV sitcom “The Parent ‘Hood,” which starred Robert Townsend.
- Film Appearances: Douglas appeared in various films, including “The Inkwell” (1994), a coming-of-age comedy-drama set in the 1970s, and “Jason’s Lyric” (1994), a romantic drama.
- Theater Career: In addition to her work on screen, Suzzanne Douglas was an accomplished stage actress, and she appeared in several theater productions.
- “When They See Us” (2019): She had a notable guest role in the acclaimed miniseries directed by Ava DuVernay, which focused on the Central Park Five case.
- Musical Talents: Suzzanne Douglas was not only an actress but also a talented singer.
- Educational Contributions: She was dedicated to education and was involved in teaching and mentoring in the arts.
- Passing: Suzzanne Douglas passed away on July 6, 2021, at the age of 64. Her contributions to the entertainment industry and her impact on audiences were widely recognized and appreciated.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been additional developments or tributes in honor of Suzzanne Douglas since that time.
Trivia of Suzzanne Douglas
Certainly! Here are some trivia facts about actress Suzzanne Douglas:
- Theater Background: Before making a name in television and film, Suzzanne Douglas had a strong background in theater. She performed in various stage productions and showcased her talent as a stage actress.
- “The Parent ‘Hood” Impact: Her role as Jerri Peterson on the TV sitcom “The Parent ‘Hood” was one of her most recognized and beloved roles. The show was a family sitcom that tackled relevant issues and became a notable part of 1990s television.
- Educational Focus: Suzzanne Douglas was passionate about education and believed in the importance of arts education. She was actively involved in teaching and mentoring aspiring actors and artists.
- Academic Achievement: Douglas earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Music from Illinois State University, highlighting her connection to both the arts and education.
- Music and Singing: Apart from acting, she was musically talented and showcased her singing skills in various projects.
- Versatile Performer: Douglas demonstrated her versatility as an actress, portraying a range of characters in different genres, from comedy to drama.
- “When They See Us” Appearance: Her guest appearance in Ava DuVernay’s miniseries “When They See Us,” which focused on the Central Park Five case, demonstrated her commitment to engaging with powerful and socially relevant projects.
- Personal Beliefs: She was known for her strong Christian faith and incorporated her beliefs into her work and personal life.
- Generosity: Friends and colleagues often praised her generosity and warm personality, which made her well-liked in the industry.
- Legacy: Suzzanne Douglas left a lasting impact on the entertainment industry, and her contributions to acting and education continue to be remembered and celebrated.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been additional tributes, interviews, or insights about Suzzanne Douglas since that time.
Movies and webseries of Suzzanne Douglas
Suzzanne Douglas had a diverse career that included appearances in movies, television series, and other projects. Here are some notable movies and a mention of a TV series in which Suzzanne Douglas appeared:
- “Tap” (1989) – Douglas had a role in this dance drama film starring Gregory Hines and Sammy Davis Jr.
- “The Inkwell” (1994) – She appeared in this coming-of-age comedy-drama set in the 1970s, featuring a young boy’s summer experiences.
- “Jason’s Lyric” (1994) – Douglas had a role in this romantic drama film, which also starred Jada Pinkett and Allen Payne.
- “How Stella Got Her Groove Back” (1998) – She appeared in a supporting role in this romantic comedy-drama, featuring Angela Bassett and Taye Diggs.
- “The Exonerated” (2005) – Although not a traditional film, it’s worth mentioning that Suzzanne Douglas was part of this TV movie adaptation of the stage play, which featured real-life stories of individuals who were wrongfully convicted.
- “The Parent ‘Hood” (1995-1999) – Douglas gained significant recognition for her role as Jerri Peterson, the matriarch of the Curtis family, in this family sitcom.
- “Touched by an Angel” (1996) – She appeared in a guest-starring role in this popular TV series that focused on angelic interventions in the lives of people facing moral dilemmas.
- “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” (2005) – Suzzanne Douglas had a guest appearance in an episode of this crime drama series.
- “The Good Wife” (2011) – She had a guest role in this acclaimed legal drama series.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been new releases or additional appearances involving Suzzanne Douglas since that time.