E. G. Daily
E. G. Daily, whose full name is Elizabeth Ann Guttman, is an American actress, singer, and voice artist. She was born on September 11, 1961, in Los Angeles, California, USA. E. G. Daily has had a diverse and successful career in the entertainment industry, spanning film, television, music, and voice acting.
Early in her career, E. G. Daily gained recognition as a singer and released several pop albums. In 1986, she achieved chart success with the single "Say It, Say It," which reached the Billboard Hot 100.
As an actress, E. G. Daily has appeared in various films and television shows. Some of her notable film roles include "Valley Girl" (1983), "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" (1985), "Better Off Dead" (1985), and "The Devil's Rejects" (2005).
However, E. G. Daily is perhaps best known for her extensive work as a voice actress. She has lent her voice to numerous animated characters in television shows and movies. Some of her most famous voice roles include:
1. Tommy Pickles in the animated series "Rugrats" and its spin-off, "All Grown Up!"
2. Buttercup in "The Powerpuff Girls."
3. Babe the Pig in the movie "Babe: Pig in the City."
4. Wanda in the series "The Fairly OddParents."
5. Rudy Tabootie in the show "ChalkZone."
6. Rocky in "The Pebble and the Penguin."
7. Froggy in "The Little Rascals" (1994) and "The Little Rascals Save the Day" (2014).
Her unique and versatile vocal talents have made her a prominent figure in the world of voice acting.
In addition to her acting and singing career, E. G. Daily has also worked as a songwriter and has contributed music to various soundtracks.
Outside of her entertainment career, E. G. Daily has been involved in philanthropic work, supporting organizations dedicated to children's causes and animal welfare.
E. G. Daily's multi-faceted talents and the enduring popularity of the characters she has portrayed have earned her a devoted fan base and established her as a well-respected figure in the entertainment industry.
1. Child Actress: E. G. Daily began her acting career at a very young age. At just 12 years old, she starred as Dottie in the cult classic film "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" (1985).
2. Iconic Voice Roles: E. G. Daily's voice is instantly recognizable to fans of animated shows and movies. Her portrayal of Tommy Pickles in "Rugrats" and Buttercup in "The Powerpuff Girls" has become iconic and beloved by audiences worldwide.
3. Singing Voice in "The Powerpuff Girls": In addition to voicing Buttercup, E. G. Daily also provided the singing voice for the character in "The Powerpuff Girls."
4. Character Inspiration: E. G. Daily's portrayal of Tommy Pickles in "Rugrats" was inspired by her own sons. She wanted to bring authenticity and realism to the role of the adventurous and curious baby.
5. Reprise of Roles: E. G. Daily returned to voice Tommy Pickles in the 2021 revival of "Rugrats," showcasing her enduring connection to the beloved character.
6. Music Career: In addition to her acting and voice work, E. G. Daily pursued a music career in the 1980s, releasing several pop albums and achieving chart success with her single "Say It, Say It."
7. Song in "The Breakfast Club": E. G. Daily's song "Waiting" was featured in the iconic 1985 film "The Breakfast Club."
8. Reality TV Contestant: In 2011, E. G. Daily appeared as a contestant on the reality TV singing competition "The Voice." She made it to the Top 12 under coach Blake Shelton.
9. Acting Coach: E. G. Daily is also an acting coach, sharing her experience and knowledge with aspiring actors.
10. Philanthropic Work: E. G. Daily has been actively involved in various charitable causes, supporting organizations dedicated to children's health and welfare, as well as animal rights and rescue.
These trivia facts highlight E. G. Daily's diverse talents and contributions to the entertainment industry, from her iconic voice acting roles to her work as a singer and actress. Her long and successful career continues to entertain and inspire audiences of all ages.