As of my last update in September 2021, Rosario Dawson is an American actress and activist known for her work in film, television, and theater. Here is a brief bio of her based on the available information up to that time:
Full Name: Rosario Isabel Dawson
Date of Birth: May 9, 1979
Place of Birth: New York City, New York, USA
Rosario Dawson was born and raised in New York City. She started her acting career at a young age, appearing in various off-Broadway productions before making her film debut in the controversial teen drama "Kids" (1995).
Her breakthrough role came in the 1998 film "He Got Game," directed by Spike Lee, where she played the role of Lala Bonilla, earning critical acclaim for her performance.
Throughout her career, Dawson has showcased her versatility as an actress, taking on a wide range of roles in both mainstream and independent films. Some of her notable film credits include "Men in Black II" (2002), "Rent" (2005), "Sin City" (2005), "Seven Pounds" (2008), and "Unstoppable" (2010).
In addition to her work in film, Rosario Dawson has been involved in various television projects. She appeared in TV shows like "Daredevil" and "Luke Cage," part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Netflix, where she portrayed the character Claire Temple, a role that spanned multiple series.
Dawson is also an advocate for various social and environmental causes. She co-founded Voto Latino, a non-profit organization that encourages young Latinos to register to vote and be politically engaged. Additionally, she has been involved in activism related to issues such as domestic violence, LGBTQ+ rights, and environmental sustainability.
Please note that there may have been further developments in Rosario Dawson's career or personal life beyond my last update, so I recommend checking more recent sources for the latest information.
1. Early Life: Rosario Dawson was born in New York City and was raised in a tenement building in Manhattan's Lower East Side.
2. Adopted at a Young Age: She was adopted by her stepfather, Greg Dawson, when she was just a baby. Her biological father is of Afro-Cuban descent, and her mother is of Puerto Rican and Irish descent.
3. "Kids" Film Debut: Dawson made her film debut in the controversial and gritty drama "Kids" (1995), directed by Larry Clark.
4. Multilingual: Rosario Dawson is fluent in English and Spanish.
5. Comic Book Connection: She voiced the character Artemis in the animated DC Comics film "Wonder Woman" (2009) and portrayed Claire Temple, a character from the Marvel Comics universe, in several Netflix series.
6. Environmental Activism: Dawson is an environmental activist and co-founded Studio 189, a fashion brand focused on sustainability and supporting artisans in Africa.
7. Political Activism: She co-founded Voto Latino, an organization dedicated to empowering young Latinos and increasing their political engagement.
8. Musical Talent: Dawson is also a singer and has showcased her singing skills in some of her acting roles.
9. Williamstown Theatre Festival: She has been involved in theater, participating in productions at the prestigious Williamstown Theatre Festival.
10. "Sin City" Series: Dawson played the role of Gail, a deadly and alluring prostitute, in the "Sin City" film series, based on the graphic novels by Frank Miller.
Please note that trivia facts may change or be updated over time, so I recommend verifying these facts with more recent sources.