As of my last update in September 2021, Pam Dawber is an American actress known for her work in television and film. Here is a brief bio of her based on the available information up to that time:
Full Name: Pamela Dawber
Date of Birth: October 18, 1951
Place of Birth: Detroit, Michigan, USA
Pam Dawber rose to fame in the late 1970s and 1980s with her starring role as Mindy McConnell in the hit television series "Mork & Mindy" (1978-1982). The show was a spin-off of "Happy Days" and featured Robin Williams as the lovable alien Mork from the planet Ork, who comes to Earth and befriends Mindy, played by Dawber. The series was a massive success and helped catapult both Dawber and Williams to stardom.
Before her breakout role in "Mork & Mindy," Dawber appeared in various television shows and made her acting debut in the TV movie "James at 16" (1977).
Following the success of "Mork & Mindy," Dawber continued to work in television, starring in several made-for-TV movies and guest-starring in shows like "My Sister Sam," "The Twilight Zone," and "The New Twilight Zone."
She took a break from acting in the 1990s to focus on her family but made occasional appearances in TV shows and films over the years.
In her personal life, Pam Dawber is married to actor Mark Harmon, and they have two sons together.
Please note that there may have been further developments in Pam Dawber's career or personal life beyond my last update, so I recommend checking more recent sources for the latest information.
1. Early Career: Before becoming an actress, Pam Dawber worked as a model, appearing in various print and television advertisements.
2. "Mork & Mindy" Connection: Dawber's role as Mindy McConnell in "Mork & Mindy" (1978-1982) was her breakthrough role and one that brought her widespread fame.
3. Robin Williams Friendship: During the filming of "Mork & Mindy," Dawber developed a close friendship with her co-star Robin Williams. They remained friends until Williams' passing in 2014.
4. "My Sister Sam": After "Mork & Mindy," Dawber starred in the sitcom "My Sister Sam" (1986-1988), where she played the title character's photographer sister.
5. Hiatus from Acting: In the 1990s, Dawber took a break from acting to focus on her family and personal life.
6. Return to Television: She returned to television in the late 1990s and early 2000s, making guest appearances in shows like "Don't Look Behind You" and "I'll Remember April."
7. Marriage to Mark Harmon: Pam Dawber has been married to actor Mark Harmon since 1987. They met through a mutual friend and have maintained a strong and private relationship.
8. Voice Acting: Dawber has lent her voice to several animated shows and films, including providing the voice for characters in "The New Batman Adventures" and "The Batman Superman Movie: World's Finest."
9. Philanthropy: She has been involved in various charitable causes over the years and has supported organizations focused on education, health, and environmental issues.
10. Awards and Recognitions: While Pam Dawber's performances were well-received, she has not pursued awards and recognition to the same extent as some other actors in the industry.
Please note that trivia facts may change or be updated over time, so I recommend verifying these facts with more recent sources.