As of my last update in September 2021, Phyllis Davis was an American actress known for her work in film and television. Here is a brief bio of her based on the available information up to that time:
Full Name: Phyllis Ann Davis
Date of Birth: July 17, 1940
Place of Birth: Port Arthur, Texas, USA
Date of Death: September 27, 2013
Place of Death: Henderson, Nevada, USA
Phyllis Davis began her acting career in the late 1960s and quickly gained recognition for her beauty and talent. She appeared in numerous film and television roles throughout the 1970s and 1980s.
One of her most notable roles was in the TV series "Vega$," which aired from 1978 to 1981. Davis portrayed Beatrice Travis, the assistant to Robert Urich's character, Dan Tanna. The show, set in Las Vegas, focused on Tanna's investigations as a private detective.
In addition to "Vega$," Phyllis Davis appeared in several other TV shows, including "The Love Boat," "Fantasy Island," "Love, American Style," and "Charlie's Angels."
Davis also appeared in a number of films, such as "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" (1970), "Terminal Island" (1973), and "Sweet Sugar" (1972).
Outside of her acting career, Davis was known for her philanthropic efforts and was involved in various charitable organizations.
Phyllis Davis passed away on September 27, 2013, at the age of 73, in Henderson, Nevada, after battling a long illness.
Please note that there may have been further developments in Phyllis Davis's life or career beyond my last update, so I recommend checking more recent sources for the latest information.
1. Early Career: Phyllis Davis started her career as a model before transitioning to acting.
2. Playboy Connection: Davis was featured in Playboy magazine in the late 1960s and early 1970s. She was named Playboy's "Playmate of the Month" in September 1967.
3. "Love, American Style": She appeared in multiple episodes of the anthology TV series "Love, American Style" during the 1970s.
4. Singing Talent: In addition to acting, Davis was a talented singer and occasionally showcased her singing skills in various performances.
5. "Terminal Island": Davis starred in the 1973 exploitation film "Terminal Island," which is set in a future where convicted criminals are placed on an isolated island to fend for themselves.
6. "Vega$": Her most well-known role was as Beatrice Travis in the TV series "Vega$," where she played the secretary and assistant to Robert Urich's character, Dan Tanna.
7. Guest Appearances: Davis made guest appearances in several popular TV shows, including "Charlie's Angels," "The Love Boat," "Fantasy Island," and "The Rockford Files."
8. Philanthropy: Phyllis Davis was actively involved in philanthropy and supported various charitable causes throughout her life.
9. Life After Acting: After retiring from acting, Davis lived a more private life, away from the public eye.
10. Legacy: While she may be best remembered for her role in "Vega$," Davis left a mark on the entertainment industry through her work in various films and TV shows.
Please note that trivia facts may change or be updated over time, so I recommend verifying these facts with more recent sources.